Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does it take to install the kenne bell s/c....what do i need to change in my motor or will it bolt straight up to a factory minor bolt on gt....how does it affect the dependability of a gt and how does it affect the life of the car...thanks guy and gals

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Do compression and leakdown checks bfore buying the kit. Anything more than 10% from highest sylinder to lowest cylinder warrants investigation before putting boost on it. As for what you need to install the kit, just basic handtools and torque wrenches from what I understand. The kit comes with all the bracketry and so forth. As long as you get a good safe tune and keep the boost levels reasonable, 9psi or so, the car should live under boost for many miles.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
+1 on what he said, especially about the compression leakdown test which a shop should do before they touch the car. One thing i would go ahead and do is put a 75mm throttle body on there cuz the KB wont fit with the stocker. Thats the only thing i can think of that i had to change, other than that everything you need comes with the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.