Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which supercharger would make more peak power, and which would make the most torque throughout the powerband. I would like one that is powerful, but I still want to be able to drive it across the country, (roadtrip!) I would like to hit 400hp crank hp short term, but would eventually like to hit 400-450 rwhp. which one is better for what things.

Thanx,
PS

·
Registered
826 Posts
def. the kenne bell...you can tune it to pull what ever you want...anywhere from 375 up 750hp...just depending on your aplication!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah i would have to go with the KB too. From experience ive had very nice results with my car, and it is fast and a whole lotta fun to drive! Both blowers are street dependable.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I run the Saleen Series IV

Capable of making easily 375+ to the tires with correct pulleying/upgrades. KB's are nice products as well. If you are putting this s/c on a stock motor, I'd say the Saleen series IV, KB 1.7, or 2.1 would be the way to go, these (3) superchargers can all make the (wanted) power level of the stock motor, with no problems.

Charlie, KB products the 1.7L, and the 2.1L, both maxing out at right around 500 to the wheels, although that is MUCH MUCH more then what the stock motor can handle.

If you want much more then 500/500, the KB 2.2, 2.6, 2.8 is what you will need to run.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just an idea if that's the power levels you are lookin for check out tork techs new kit. I compared it to the KB and due to the cost and completeness of the kit you get from Tork Tech it's the one I decided to go with. But other than that for a more aggressive platform KB hands down.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The Tork Tech kit uses a Magnuson supercharger. I'd go with the KB kit pound for pound of boost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.