Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this kit. It seems like it should be the best kit out there but I cant find anything saying how big the components are. Like the thickness of the subframe connectors. Like most good ones are about 1.5" by 2". Plus are they full length SFCs? But then it also comes with the jacking rails and the extreme matrix part that connects the jacking rails with the SFCs. I am going to be needing some good SFCs soon and I want to get something that is gonna be good and will take whatever I throw at it and still be able to impress. Plus if I get more extreme further down the road I still want it to be able to take it and perform flawlessly.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
87_5point0 said:
Does anyone have any experience with this kit. It seems like it should be the best kit out there but I cant find anything saying how big the components are. Like the thickness of the subframe connectors. Like most good ones are about 1.5" by 2". Plus are they full length SFCs? But then it also comes with the jacking rails and the extreme matrix part that connects the jacking rails with the SFCs. I am going to be needing some good SFCs soon and I want to get something that is gonna be good and will take whatever I throw at it and still be able to impress. Plus if I get more extreme further down the road I still want it to be able to take it and perform flawlessly.
It's built to work with other Kenny Brown components, like the rollcage. So it's not full length.

The strongest SF connectors are Griggs's, they go through the floor and will require ditching the power seats for manual ones and take a day in the body shop to cut the floor etc.

Kenny Brown's are probably among the best when it comes to weight v.s. performance, but they're not as stiff as Griggs's, Steeda's, or Maximum Motorsports's but if you are intending to go with a rollcage for road racing, those can redundant when weight is taken into account. . .

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I want some full length ones that are tough and will take the most beatings. I know I picked up a peice of the matrix section at the place across town and it seemed pretty light. So maybe I can get some big bad a$$ ones like Maximum motorsports ones and then some jacking rails and weld in my own cross peices and make my own triangulated peices between then two. Do you think that will work?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
87_5point0 said:
Well I want some full length ones that are tough and will take the most beatings. I know I picked up a peice of the matrix section at the place across town and it seemed pretty light. So maybe I can get some big bad a$$ ones like Maximum motorsports ones and then some jacking rails and weld in my own cross peices and make my own triangulated peices between then two. Do you think that will work?
That's overkill.

The triangulated pieces allow the kenny brown pieces their light weight. Adding them to the MMs won't gain anything but weight.

All the manufacturers design their system pieces to work together in a package.

Steeda's have full length systems that go all the way to the torque boxes and include the cross brace for the seats + reinforce the torque boxes.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
For the weight and performance the Griggs pieces are probably the best, but they require a LOT of work to install them . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.