Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this in 2007 and again in 2008. The track is a Ford sponsored track, newly purchased by Bruton Smith-owner of multiple NASCAR tracks and who finally got the Speedway a NASCAR Cup Race. A few of us mustanger's were allowed to go well above the 70 mph and it was a thrill.

Visit Our Drive the Track Sale June 4
6/2/2011

SPARTA, Ky. - Fans can get a sneak peak at Kentucky Speedway's new pit road along with the Ohio Tower and Kentucky Tower grandstands Saturday, June 4 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., during the world famous "Drive the Track Sale."

Visitors who spend a minimum of $40 in the official track Gift Shop on any combination of inaugural Sprint Cup Series “Quaker State 400” merchandise, Kentucky Speedway logo apparel, driver gear or 2011 event tickets will receive a coupon permitting them to drive three paced laps at about 70 mph on the 1.5-mile tri-oval.

The speedway gift shop is located just off Interstate 71 Exit 57 and Ky. Hwy. 35 N in Sparta, Ky. Phone 859-647-3419 for information.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
too cool. that would worth the $40 just to drive on the track and get someone to take some pics, but plus you get some gear or other stuff for the money too. sounds like a blast :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yes

Yes it was about time that NASCAR showed up. KY Speedway and the Tri-State are fans and KY did a great job on the roads to support this. The laps around the track is a great idea and shows that the owners are in tune with the fans.
I have supported this track since day one and it has been a long time comming. Enjoy I just wish I was home to see it and Thank You for that Home Town Update I will pass it along. I hope they do this again next year.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
97 Posts
Damn, missed it. I did it in 08 & 09. Took my Grandson with me the last time. Wish I would have known, yesterday would have been a good day weather wise.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to miss out on it too. Grandson's baseball game was at noon instead of in the morning. Hot as hell yesterday too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts