Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my mustang under the driving wheel, and over my left leg i have what appears to be a kill switch, but i am not sure so i have never hit it. So i do plane on one day pressing it but i first have a few questions.

1) does the car have to be on or off to use it?
2) is using it bad for the car?
3) how do you turn the car back on?
4) does this turn off my car alarm?

please if u have any other tips tell me.

ps.i was unsure on where to post this so i am guessing it is a form of a alarm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What makes you think that it is a kill switch?
Check to see where it is connected to. Is it connected to ignition wiring harness or is it connected to some aftermarket alarm setup? I don't know why someone would have a "kill switch" installed. Whether it be for an alarm or for the car itself. It makes no logical sense to have one anyways.

I would check to see how it is hooked up. maybe post some pictures. Did the previous owner tell you anything about it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kill swich reply

What makes you think that it is a kill switch?
Check to see where it is connected to. Is it connected to ignition wiring harness or is it connected to some aftermarket alarm setup? I don't know why someone would have a "kill switch" installed. Whether it be for an alarm or for the car itself. It makes no logical sense to have one anyways.

I would check to see how it is hooked up. maybe post some pictures. Did the previous owner tell you anything about it?
when i bought the car i got it used form a ford dealer. (i was only 16 years old and it was my 17 b-day gift) I did not discover the switch until a few months latter when i was cleaning so i did not bring it back to the dealer to get it checked out.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
it may be an "override" for an aftermarket alarm...my 95 GT had one

·
Registered
133 Posts
again, the only way to know for sure is to check what it is wired to. See if it's spliced into the factory wiring somewhere or if there is an aftermarket alarm system underthere somewhere.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it may be an "override" for an aftermarket alarm...my 95 GT had one
i think i may have a aftermarket alarm because if i use my keys to open my door the alarm goes off. So if this is a override what does it do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts