Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 05 4.0 and this dude has been sayin his 240sx would smoke my car....i didnt argue with that cuz i thought it was decently fast. all ive done to mine is put true duals and im not sure the hp gain that gives u......but anyway i beat him in a quarter mile at least...prolly by a car and a half.....his excuse for losing was that he had two other ppl in the car......so should i be happy i beat him or is this something that should have happened regardless? and is there any truth to the extra two ppl slowing down his car?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
a win is a win... but theres not toooo much pride in that one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah i would be happy, my friend has a 240 and those things can move, they have the rear wheel drive and can be easily modded. If the guy did have mods you did an awesome job in beating him. I doubt that the two people would weigh the car down that much to lose unless they are pretty heavy people. Anyways, good kill!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
457 Posts
i'd be happy man. like the other guy said, a win is a win. and if the only excuse he can come up with is "oh i had two people in my car," he needed to be beat. good job.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Well he's about 500 lbs. lighter than you but you've got about 65 more horsepower than him with your true duals (if he's stock). Not to mention he's roughly 80 ft/lbs of torque behind you as well.

I'd say that with or without two extra people in his car it shouldn't have put up much of a fight against your car. After an intake/tune on your car he really won't stand a chance and if you got gears you'd leave the poor fellow in the dust without even trying. Especially if yours is an automatic.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
good kill,and yes weight does matter,he still probaly wouldnt beat u though.
ive actually got a friend with one,decent and pretty light.

·
Registered
797 Posts
To beat the 240sx is a good kill. Those cars do run good. I never owned one but I did have a 98 Altima with a five speed and the same 2.4 motor as the 240sx and the altima ran very well especially on top end.

·
Registered
84 Posts
typical of a ricer to make up an excuse. lol. good kill man.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for everyones replies....that guy said he wants to race again just him and i and he says he'll win this time...should i accept or just let it go?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go for it! You should still be able to smoke him. Unless of course you can drop a blower in before the race and really stomp him. :laugh:

A couple of my friends want 240's for "corner cars" they can be fast if done right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts