Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 GT with every bolt, 3:73 gears, 100 hp zex and mickey tompson drag radials. Up next to me pulls a SRT-4 reving his engine. I don't know what he had done to this thing, but he had changed his wastetgate to make it loud when it discharged. I will give it to them, those turbos do sound sweet. So I think he is modified as well hearing this and I don't have my bottles turned on. So I was stuck in a hard place, race and possible lose to a 4 banger or just let him go. I choose to go for it. I revved up to 2800 rpm's or so waiting for the light to turn green. Green hits and I let go of the clutch and down to the floor with the gas. Very minor tire spin and I am gone. I pulled 3 car lengths on him by the end of second gear. Now with the nitrous, I have my timing set back so it doesn't hurt the engine so I thought for sure running him N/A would of been closer than that. I guess torque and traction won this one for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My friend ran one on the highway in his 95 T/A. It has a dual cone cold air intake, and SLP cat back exhaust. They ran from about 70 or 80 and he got dusted, and them T/A are top end cars too.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Good kill, the SRT-4 is a fast car, I had one pull a car 1/2 on ME from 50 to 100mph .
he had some mods , if only I had some mods:sadcry:

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I raced 2 SRT4s in the 1/8 mile, one stock the other one with "stage2" meaning more boost.

I beat the stock one easy by more than a car lenght , the moded one lost a shift and i got him, then i went against him again, this time i was a car behind but with lousy traction on my lane, i think he got me fair and square, but should have been close if i had traction.

Anyway my Gt will last another 100k miles and they will have to crush their rides in a few years :)

G

·
My friend has an '01 Cobra (stock not supercharged) and he raced a stage 2 srt4 with me in the car. This was a few weeks ago. The guy had 2 other people in there with him so from about a 45 roll we pulled about 1 and 1/2 car lengths on him buy the time we hit 90. Then we stopped and i got out and the other two guys in his car got out with me. They took off and came back a few minutes later saying that the srt4 won by a about a car length. My friend told me later that it was because he missed a gear but im not too sure i believe him. Hell i would make up some stuff like that too if i lost to a 4-banger.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyway my Gt will last another 100k miles and they will have to crush their rides in a few years

From what I've gathered when I was car shopping the srt/evo/wrx just aren't exactly dependable but I guess that goes with the boost the 4cyls are pushing. Have to make the ponies one way or another. I just shopped for an economy car when I found out what the general maintainece on these things are, not worth it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nah Nah yo! Thoze carz make like mad hp yo with stick on R's and exhaust an over 40lbs of boozt they make like over 400hp yo!

Really, one of the people I work with is all into his sti. He brought in a magazine the other night and I flipped through it. Yes, they have some making over 400+ hp, but with around 46lbs of boost.

I asked him if he REALLY thinks that comparing a tricked out $50,000 ricer to a stock, Naturally Aspirated Mustang made him proud? His answer:
"Man, speed is speed."

They (rice lovers) just can't accept that when you mod a 'Stang, dollar for dollar, it's the best value around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, an Ice cream truck can be fast if you throw $10,000 at it. but dollar for dollar a v8 is the way to go. I kind of look at a mustang as the bar the standard is set to. First thing a ricer will say is he beat a mustang, because everyone knows mustangs are quick. By the way, I added lambo doors and have a show car trunk, I will be adding pics soon. I love it when they rev next to me and I have the window up, i just lift the door sklyward and say, "what?" and watch there mouths drop in awe

·
Registered
45 Posts
:heha: :worship
I'd like to see how those doors look. I've thought about it before but wasn't sure how it'd look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mbw1979 said:
I agree, an Ice cream truck can be fast if you throw $10,000 at it. but dollar for dollar a v8 is the way to go. I kind of look at a mustang as the bar the standard is set to. First thing a ricer will say is he beat a mustang, because everyone knows mustangs are quick. By the way, I added lambo doors and have a show car trunk, I will be adding pics soon. I love it when they rev next to me and I have the window up, i just lift the door sklyward and say, "what?" and watch there mouths drop in awe
MBW where abouts you at? Im at 9 and woodward, Id love to see those doors if your planning on bringing it to the dream cruise. Not a huge fan of them myself but Ive never looked at one up close. Could be interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My little brother has an Srt-4 and it is a fun car, if you like that go-kart feel. You can take turns at any speed and just use that turbo to pull you through it, but in the straights I often find my self between gears or looking for the boost to kick in. But he is still faster, although that is because I just put two MA Hardcore 12's in the trunk, that added 75lbs. per sub and about another 50lbs. for the box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live around maple and woodward, so not to far from 9 and woodward. the doors look great, better than expected I think. it is a pain pulling them down, but the wow factor, specially on this side of the country is there. If you drive your car every day, i wouldn't get the doors, but if it is a nice day car, then definately do it. It is exspensive if you pay someone to do it, but not to bad if you just buy the kit and do it yourself. it took me three days to do it. After work i just did this and that until it was done. I am going to try to add the pics after I post this.

G

·
I just picked up an SRT-4... I spent 175 on a waste gate actuator. I adjusted it to spike 17 psi and fall to 15 psi at redline... It's got a little bit of go. I ran a couple of 99 and up GT's and I pull on em a little bit. Stock boost I would spike about 14 and fall to about 12 at redline. Good kill though :santa

·
Registered
436 Posts
lookin good mbw1979

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.