Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different kind of kill...

Tuesday the 17th of january, 2006 at 10 minutes to 9am. I was on my way to work here in Phoenix on the 51 freeway southbound. I was not in my mustang as I don't have it back from the body shop yet.

I was in the #3 lane just before the Northern exit. It was stop and go as there was a wreck up ahead according to the radio traffic report. I was in my 2000 Chrysler LHS. My family car.

I had just come to a stop behind a 2002 G20 infinity (you know, the glorified Sentra), and I was watching ahead to see when traffic would start moving again. All of a sudden I heard a BANG, felt a sharp jolt, and the next thing I know I wake up in the back seat. Turns out that a kid in a 93 ACCORD hit me going about 60mph. He never even hit his brakes!

When he hit me, it was with such force that it sheared the bolts on my driver seat, and I ended up in the back seat. It also sheared the bolts on the passenger seat even though there was no passenger. He pushed me into the G20.

Totalled the Chrysler, and his Honda, and did a few grand damage to the G.

The kid was actually pretty nice, and honest, and he told the officer "I just looked down for a second".

The bad: Totalled a great car that I had just put a lot of money into as I planned on driving it a while. I am REALLY sore.

The GOOD: Gave me an excuse to upgrade the wife to an 05 Explorer. Gave me an excuse to finish putting the Mustang together. NO ONE WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED. That was the main thing as everything else can be repaired or replaced.

Please see attached fotos.

I guess the bottom line is that we were all very lucky, and that it only takes a second of not paying attention for people to get hurt.

Drive safely everyone!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Whoa, glad you're not busted up too bad. My dad got rearended by a truck in his (less than 2 years old)'64 Galaxy 500, and it broke the seat, he was a big guy. The cars don't look all that bad (I didn't see any front damage to the crysler). Maybe your body guy (on the Stang) will want it.
In Ohio, you would be liable for the infiniti, which I think is somewhat of a crock. The honda should eat 'em both.
:winks:winksYou need to talk to truuble,:winks:winks he's usually in the 5.0 lounge.:winks:winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
At least there is positive in this situation.

I would have gotten out of the car, looked at the Kid, then angrily started beating his ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
meangreen92 said:
Whoa, glad you're not busted up too bad. My dad got rearended by a truck in his (less than 2 years old)'64 Galaxy 500, and it broke the seat, he was a big guy. The cars don't look all that bad (I didn't see any front damage to the crysler). Maybe your body guy (on the Stang) will want it.
In Ohio, you would be liable for the infiniti, which I think is somewhat of a crock. The honda should eat 'em both.
:winks:winksYou need to talk to truuble,:winks:winks he's usually in the 5.0 lounge.:winks:winks
In Arizona, since I was completely stopped, the car who pushed me has total liability. I was not cited, and my insurance is not liable for one dime. The kid who hit and his insurance have to pay for 100% of both cars.

I am 6'1" 225 Lbs, but even the empety passenger seat broke. He kind of went under me, so most of the damage is not visible from behind. He changed the shape of my rear seat, and got into the suspension pretty good. He hit me HARD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Young_Buck said:
I would have gotten out of the car, looked at the Kid, then angrily started beating his ass.
Big time.

At 60 MPH you should be looking at the road and watching for traffic... not "looking down". At least he was good about it and admitted his f**k up.

I don't want to rip on the LHS, but that must have been a hell of a force to put the driver's seat in the rear, or really weak-arsed seat mounts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redeemer said:
Big time.

At 60 MPH you should be looking at the road and watching for traffic... not "looking down". At least he was good about it and admitted his f**k up.

I don't want to rip on the LHS, but that must have been a hell of a force to put the driver's seat in the rear, or really weak-arsed seat mounts...
It didnt shear the mounting bolts, it sheared the bolts at the pivot point between the seating surface and the back. WHere you recline the seat. So the backs laid instantly all the way down. But I was dissapointed too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Nyt_Muves said:
It didnt shear the mounting bolts, it sheared the bolts at the pivot point between the seating surface and the back. WHere you recline the seat. So the backs laid instantly all the way down. But I was dissapointed too.
Actually, I think maybe that's what they're supposed to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Young_Buck said:
At least there is positive in this situation.

I would have gotten out of the car, looked at the Kid, then angrily started beating his ass.
I concur.


Was it on the other side of a hill or something? I mean you have to be looking down for a pretty long time to miss a bunch of stopped traffic up ahead...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul Jr said:
I concur.


Was it on the other side of a hill or something? I mean you have to be looking down for a pretty long time to miss a bunch of stopped traffic up ahead...
It was around a bend. Guess he was in limbo a while. I saw it and was able to stop ok...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Young_Buck said:
....then angrily started beating his ass.
Hahahahaha... :worship
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top