Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've had my 85 GT 5.0 Mustang since June and never raced it, Its got a few mods on it, underpulley, edelbrock hi-rise, 3.73 gears, headers, dual exhaust hi-flo cats and it's pretty quick but nothing to brag about. The race happened a couple weeks ago when my engine was not firing on all cyliners and my air pump pulley was loose. Anyways I'm sitting at a stop light, my car is clanking away, and this white Tiburon pulls up next to me I look over and the guy gives me the look, so the light turns green I go to take off and screw up with the clutch so its slipping in first through the intersection but im still keeping up with him, I ease off so the clutch can fully engage then slam it and put it into 2nd and by this time the guy is at least 4 cars ahead of me. I start catching up to him then give up cause my turn is coming up. I was so embarassed though because this guy pulls up next to my stang thats clankering away and he prob thinks this things a piece, and in his mind it was. He lives by me so ill be looking for him at night now that im firing on all cylinders all pulleys are tight and I have a bit more experience. Anyways thats my story, damn Tiburon.

·
Registered
579 Posts
When a Tiburon beats a Mustang even if only running on 4-6 cylinders that just makes me cry. My son beats those with a 94 Spirit V6 Auto and he only turns 15.10 so please make us Ford owners proud and beat him by 6-8 bus lengths.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I'll give you this: you don't have one of those "internet egos". You have to be pretty humble to post this story. LOL, it's a comedy of errors.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
This story takes me back to the days of "archie and Jughead" and archies Jalopy clanking away and throwing out all parts of the engine. On a added note those tiburons, govern out pretty quick as well, no match for the 3.27's on the insterstate @2am....with no speedo limited.:laughlitt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow...I would have kept that story to myself.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like to think we are all honest here, but seriously.....there is something to be said for keeping DEEP DARK SECRETS.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
jasons99gt said:
I like to think we are all honest here, but seriously.....there is something to be said for keeping DEEP DARK SECRETS.
I love these kind of stories as well. I would have rather heard that the Mustang won, but, mechanical problems will be what they are.
I wonder if a Mustang owner ever posted his defeat when i had my Omni GLH. there were enough races and wins and losses to fill both sides of the ego.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Geez, dude... you didn't HAVE to race him.
Next time the car's not running right, just point and laugh and then ease away from the light. He'll just figure you weren't gonna waste the gas on something as lame as a Hyundai.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I know its a horrible, but that was my FIRST race as well, and it was a shame to loose to a tiburon, now i know for sure I'd beat him ill keep u updated, ive been looking for him around town to show him wuts up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
nickcp said:
Ya I know its a horrible, but that was my FIRST race as well, and it was a shame to loose to a tiburon, now i know for sure I'd beat him ill keep u updated, ive been looking for him around town to show him wuts up.
:evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck
dont know why but that made me laugh a bit..."ive been looking for him around town to show him wuts up"
just hope u don't lose again, i would just let it go man, u win some u lose some, granted I haven't lost yet in my Mach, but when I had my prelude, I got my ass handed plenty of times, just don't be a ricer and look for trouble/races, then no one can say we pick on them

·
Registered
244 Posts
could be worse, could of been a riced out crx/integra/civic/accord/rsx/saturn/cobalt/*insert plus 15 second car name*

·
Registered
244 Posts
nickcp said:
At least u guys didn't bash me too much
how in the world could u lose to a tibby...bet hes going around the world now saying how his car is better than Mustangs and all sorts of mess, thanks alot, now every tibby in the world is gonna think their cars are fast

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tonight i was cruising home from the gf's house and was cruising when i see this eclipse swerving through traffic then pulls to the right of me and slows down to my speed, i look over and the guy takes off so i keep cruising because im sure i would kill this thing, at the light the guy takes off and i think nothing of it then i reach the next stop light and hes there again so i pull next to him look over and the guy and then its race mode, the light turns green and i take off WITHOUT slipping the clutch and mess with him keeping up with him then taking off, and leaving him in the dust

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
hrmm could have been the same tibby driver in a different car :tongue

·
Registered
244 Posts
you still lost to a tibby though, how sad...you should buy us all breakfast burritos to make up for it...
last night when I was coming home from my Mustang meeting (www.wildhorsessd.com)
my wife and I were on our way to Taco Bell, as I'm nearing the entrance, I hear a loud ass roar behind me, quickly I look and I see a white Corvette. There's some chick in the passenger seat, and some like biker looking dude driving, he had the handlebar moustache, and some American pride bandana. Well he's revving like his dyoning his car on the street, keep in mind, its like in shopping center speeds, with cars all in front and behind us, knowing I have more sense than him, I turn into the parking lot, and rev back as I'm pulling in hoping he'll follow so we can see what's in his car and what not you know...well he turns ricer on me, he pulls into the other lanes, revs some more, and peels out while his girl is looking over at us laughing...
what should I make out of that???:?::?:

·
Registered
158 Posts
He thinks his car is superior to yours. Maybe he didn't notice it was a mach1, maybe he is crazy about his corvettes, maybe his car is not stock and could kill yours.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.