Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so to begin I drive a 2011 mustang GT brembo package with Roush ABs no other performance mods. Most of my friends have import cars and my buddy drives a really nice s2K so he's at these Car meets sometimes. We were going to hangout and he told me he's at mcdonalds at a meet and told me to swing by. Now I knew that I would be the only domestic their but he's my friend who cares. As I arrive, I see a hoard of riced out civics, you name it it was there, some integras and 240s. As park everyone basically stares me down... I get out and just start chit chatting with my buddy. Some guy comes to me and asks me what mustang that is. I told him and he said thats alright , " to bad it's so heavy" I told him it's still very fast and the horsepower and torque figures are very high. Then he says that guy their has a civic that is definitely faster, it's the fastest car here ... I look it's a riced out hatch civic with a k20 engine engine Apparantly . Now I dont know much about it, but he said it's a NA 4 banger. I told him I don't think so, then BAM the bee hive got stirred and everyone starts trying to set a race. Now the guy comes to me infront of everyone and tells me let's do a pass, I didn't turn the offer down. They had a chase car and someone to look out for cops. We found a open straight road and did a 50 roll, I started in 2nd gear and on 3 beeps went WOT and completely obliterated him. Right out I pulled hard on him in 2nd and 3rd and we stopped. Going back as i arrived back to mcdonalds I simply came out everyone started asking what happened. Simply told them what I told you would happen, smiled , and told my friend I'm off
To see the GF, as I leave his GF comes to me and tells mr they want a rematch after they "tune" their car and things will be "different".

Can't lie, it feels good to have destroyed him, it kinda pissed me off how they automatically assume domestics are big slow junks.

NOW believe me I usually never do this stuff and realize it may be stupid, but this was different. This was almost needed. Did not want to make them feel that their **** cans can compare to the MUSTANG!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
947 Posts
You beat an NA 4 banger *slow clap*

·
Registered
478 Posts
nice story i cant believe they would challenge you though in a civic especially:nono:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would have hit the floor laughing after he said NA. Civics? Not even worth the gas, maybe they'll get a second look if I hear a wastegate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes guys haha I know but the entire time they were telling mr this K20 engine was pumping out 300 HP and was super light and he didn't even let me look at his engine bay saying it was secret LOLOLLL. Plus the entire Crew made it like I had no chance

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ricers are generally a quite delusional group... racing on the street is not a good idea yet I'm not going to go so far as to say you shouldn't have set them straight like you did. :gringreen

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Next time someone says lets go, tell him sure right to the track. Some street racer, almost killed my wife when he lost his little ricer after blowing a tire. Believe me, I went up and down the Ave. all night looking for those a$$ holes. I had my days of street racing in the late sixties, but not anymore there's too many cars out there today. Not to mention, too many young kids that have a bad habbit of just running out between cars. So the next time someone says lets go, THINK about what could go wrong. Not just, I could blow his doors off. I've been married to my wife, for just over forty years and in the blink of an eye almost lost her. He must have changed that tire real quick, because by the time I could get my Hatch out around the rest of the cars he was gone. And never came back all night long. My buddy and I cruised the Ave., for around three hours and no sign of him. I'll catch up with him sooner or later, and when I do I'll put him somewhere he never dreamed of, Mike.:nono::nono:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ITL run believe me I made sure we did this as safe as possible open road. Car infront and behind to look for cops and keep the area open. Won't be doing another of these, but in this case I had too. Also made sure noone was in our cars, also I'm sorry to hear what happened and it is ridiculous especially when people don't take Amy precautions

·
Registered
77 Posts
Civics are economy cars. Even if it is possible to make one fast why would you want to drive one?

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, the ricer group tends to think like their cars are like Lotus Elises (2,000lbs/140hp) and can whoop up on big fat cars with more cylinders. The thing is more often than not, they tend to embellish their cars' road capabilities and output. Hence all the stickers.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's weird with the "ricer" bunch. They figure out who has the fastest car out of their group, and then assume that since it's faster then all of their POS cars, that it has to be faster than any other car on the street.

It's like being the fastest at the special olympics, and then challenging an above-average athlete.

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
If it was the RIGHT thing to do,why did you have look out"s for the cops.
Second question,Who is it that made you do it, someone hold a gun to your head, a little 4 banger next to a 400+HP V8 once again TRACK NOT STREET sounds to me like you need to grow up and get a set of Ba--s like a man.Just walk away, you new who had the fastest car before you even got there so don"t spew that BS I had to do it you just wanted to be a show off,just can"t fix stupid can we.Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Good story and nice kill OP.

I had a newer GTO throw revs at me before I hopped on the highway for my commute.. and I beat in in a second gear pull just messing around.. then he followed me onto the freeway...

@ 70 he he comes up side of me and holds up 3 fingers and says "On three!"... I smiled, and downshifted to 4th (thought about third but didn't for some reason..) and let her rip.... I let off @ 135 with him 7-10 cars back... thought he would've been a bit faster.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Next time someone says lets go, tell him sure right to the track. Some street racer, almost killed my wife when he lost his little ricer after blowing a tire. Believe me, I went up and down the Ave. all night looking for those a$$ holes. I had my days of street racing in the late sixties, but not anymore there's too many cars out there today. Not to mention, too many young kids that have a bad habbit of just running out between cars. So the next time someone says lets go, THINK about what could go wrong. Not just, I could blow his doors off. I've been married to my wife, for just over forty years and in the blink of an eye almost lost her. He must have changed that tire real quick, because by the time I could get my Hatch out around the rest of the cars he was gone. And never came back all night long. My buddy and I cruised the Ave., for around three hours and no sign of him. I'll catch up with him sooner or later, and when I do I'll put him somewhere he never dreamed of, Mike.:nono::nono:
Easy man.. OP said no cars were around... believe him in that and let it go; there are people here who live in not so populated areas you know..

·
Registered
996 Posts
I had my days of street racing in the late sixties, but not anymore there's too many cars out there today.
You are so right about that. Urban area traffic is much heavier day or night and getting worse compared to the sixties when street racing was common. Back then, many highways were deserted after midnight, not now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you know the K20 is a bad A$$ engine i believe its 230hp all motor and with the civics lighter weight it is a fast car.....but the new mustangs are no joke and they need some more home work i also hang with rice guys but they dont play with my 5.0 if they are NA

the only fear ricers have is there turbo

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.