Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local forum member was selling a "Killer Glass" coolant elbow and a strut brace, i always wanted to get the glass but i thought it was unreasonably expensive, so i jumped on the deal.

The Killer Glass is absolutely useless but it sure looks kool, every one who notices it gets a kick out of it. Before i hacked up my OEM upper coolant hose, i bought a spare from Rock auto, $12 from FOMOCO but its not as nice as the OE, go figure.

The kit Comes with 2 heat activated hose clamps, they look like a shiney 2" long piece of rubber hose, you slip them over the gap between the coolant hose and the glass and hit it lightly with a heat gun or hair dryer, it shrink wraps over the gap and creates a tight seal. The manual says that as you drive, the heat clamps become more tight from heat, it should NOT leak. Its been about a month and an autocross event and nice n tight.

I figured when i remove the upper coolant hose that there would be some anti-freeze in ther, so i got an empty bottle and filled that up when i removed it. Because i did not want to remove my CAI i had to pull the hose under the CAI arm and i got a lil spillage. So i figured thers not much left in the hose so wen i remove the lower part it wont spill, right, WRONG! the radiator started spwering out coolant, i figured it would taper off in a sec, it dint, hahahah. There was coolant everywhere, i plagged the radiator with a rag and it did subside after lil bit.

The upper coolant hose is modled so you have to mark the hose and keep the correct orientation before you cut it or else it will kink. I left a lil slack on the first cut and then did a couple test fits, you gotta leave it room to move around but it can NOT hit the engine or it will break

So the killer glass is on and i fired up the engine, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, no antifreeze, wtf? after about 10 min of idle it started barely flowing. After i drive and popped the hood the hose is completely full of coolant and it looks KOOL!! It doesn't flow as fast as i thought it would but i have been told that when your driving and your thermostat opens up, it flows alot faster

The strut bar was a qwik bolt on, the previous owner had a black painted plenum cover that he notched for the strut bar to work with it and that was included in the sale. Its really a big heavy one but it looks gud, im not sure the manufacturer is.

Check it out! :shiny:

p.s. dropped the car of at the Mustang shop (RealSpeed) this mornin to get FRPP HotRod cams installed, they are also bolting on some Red Steeda vavle covers, that gonna make things really bright in the engine compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
The strut bar was a qwik bolt on, the previous owner had a black painted plenum cover that he notched for the strut bar to work with it and that was included in the sale. Its really a big heavy one but it looks gud, im not sure the manufacturer is.
:hihi: Am I seeing things, or doesn't it say Steeda in big black letters across the front???:headscratch:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ur not seeing things, i put that sticker on. All my suspension components are from Steeda, so i figured i had to use that sticker somewhere :hihi:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ha, definitely a nice brace.....shame on you Red, you fooled me, although when I seen it, I knew something just didn't look right.:headscratch::D

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Someone else had that glass setup a couple years back. I don't know if he had any problems with it. So good luck with it. It dows look cool.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That looks awesome man! I like the look of the glass... but soooo.... mucccchhhh.... $$$$$$

:hihi:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
looks great! for somereason..id wish the glass was a little bit longer....less rubber would look a little better but none the less it catches the eye. so the glass isnt colored right? thats just antifreeze color? you can buy all kinds of different antifreeze colors tho too i thought....id like to get blue. the strut bar looks great as well...like the sticker and how the plenum is cut to fit the bar. looks low pro on the motor. props man. now i need a moroso water expansion tanks and brake fluid resivoir cap....those are my next under hood accessories.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Sick looking brace!! How much was it? I have never seen that one before. How did the install on the cams go, or did you not get the car back yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work, it all looks great. I see you have a convertible. I put the Ford Racing strut brace on my 'vert, and I could really feel the difference in body stiffness, especially when driving over potholes and taking tight turns. A strut tower brace on 'verts really stiffens things up. I am assuming you had similar results?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Nice mods RedMosesSC!!:bigthumbsup

That glass is pretty cool!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
defiantly going to get a lot of compliments at your next auto-show with that coolant hose:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey nice glass:bigthumbsup...here's a pic of mine, I have more glass and colored my coolant green with couple drops of food coloring. I went with green for a contrast color for use on killerglass.com brochures.

If anyone is interested in glass for your stang or other application, email Tim at: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D00d! that looks awesome, il ove the valve covers too. Thats the piece of glass i was looking for wasn't willing to shell out the dough, haha.

That simple huh, just a few drop of food coloring? be kool if i can make it red.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pyrex i believe is the name for the material

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
hey nice glass:bigthumbsup...here's a pic of mine, I have more glass and colored my coolant green with couple drops of food coloring. I went with green for a contrast color for use on killerglass.com brochures.

If anyone is interested in glass for your stang or other application, email Tim at: [email protected]
I've said this to you before but...

That is one great looking engine bay. Are you sponsored by this company or something? You really like giving out that email & you have a sticker on your fuse box or something... :shigrin

·
Registered
92 Posts
:gringreen yeh thanks guys, Killerglass has been very supportive of our local Stang cruises donating product for door prizes. I don't mind throwing out some support for Tim whenever I can...thanks for allowing me to throw him some props....Sorry OP didn't mean to hijack your post!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.