Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to put this out there and see if anyone agrees with me... And yes I drive an 01 GT and I love it so that being said... I hear a lot about people killing exotics (Ferrari's, Porsches, etc.) and then bragging about it. Now don't get me wrong... if you mod your car enough to beat one of those then you should be proud, but it doesn't mean you have the better car. Think about it... someone who's spent 200,000 + dollars on their car could buy 5 mustangs and make them all faster than any other mustang on the road... It's all about money. That guy would rather have a sports car with more prestige than any mustang could even come close to. So the point is... at the end of the day... he's still driving a sports car that most people would kill to have... and you're in a mustang that turns no more heads than a TA or SS... This is just my oppinion, because personally... I'd take a Ferrari over a Mustang that simply goes fast because you can't beat the presence of a ferrari weither your car is faster or not...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
Well . . . I'm a lawyer. I could buy an exotic if I wanted one. And, many people ask me why I'm fixing up this old 95 vert instead of buying something that's already fast and excotic.

Fact is, I've been fixing up cars since I was a kid. And, I don't think there is any status in what one can afford. Anyone with the money can go out and buy an exotic. So what? It takes imagination, ingenuity, and creativity to take a "normal" car and make it into something special.

Frankly, that's one of the reasons I bought an SN95 Vert . . it's HARD to make the car fast. So, when it IS fast it's that much more of an accomplishment.

All through law school, I drove my old 66 Chevelle, which I bought for $1,000 and built up with my own two hands. When I graduated, and started with a good firm, I thought I had acheived status . . so I went out and bought the biggest hottest BMW I could find. But, all it meant was that I could afford to be a jerk in a bimmer.

All in all . . . I'll take my little 95 Vert . . with its ongoing mods. I'll see how much faster I can make it . . documenting it the whole way. And if the guy next door wants to race me to the courthouse with his AMG S55 that he still doesn't know how to drive . . . I'll put lunch money on my Mustang.

I don't care what people can afford. It doesn't impress me one iota. What DOES impress me is when people get creative and make a car their own. THAT is an INVESTMENT . . because one has the satisfaction of being involved in the process . . instead of just writing a check and turning the key.

My 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
:evilchuck I second What he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
My .02 is this, if the guy driving the exotic gets beat by mustang, he probably isn't going to care. Afterall, at the end of the day, he's got the money, house and car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
What is the point of this thread, nothing but flame bait if you ask me! If you think exotics are so great, go to their site and talk to those yuppies! This site is for Mustang fans. Don't be an idiot!!:sterb: Just my .02!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
Poop on exotics.....

Unless YOU buy ME one, then I'd drive it.

Like I tell my buddies about Corvettes....
"Yeah, if you give me one I'd drive it...Right to the FORD dealer to trade it in!!!!!!":winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Who here has ever gotten beat by another car and not been mad? I guarentee you if they are racing you, they will be mad if they lose. If they didn't care, they wouldn't race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
lthompson05 said:
Who here has ever gotten beat by another car and not been mad? I guarentee you if they are racing you, they will be mad if they lose. If they didn't care, they wouldn't race.
Not everyone is going to get mad or angry. Some simply like to race for the competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Mad may have been the wrong word. I think upset is a better word.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Yeah every one gets alittle annoyed when they lose. As for exotic cars if you have one drive it be happy you have a nice car, but if your driving a freaking enzo don't pick on the guy in a stock v6 stang. If you beat a exotic car it is something to tell and to brag about. You own a car that can beat a 200,000 dollar car and YOU made it that wau not the best car engineers in europe. Thats is something to be proud of, and you will get many more looks as you beat that exotic in a car you have $10,000 in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
rcviper25 said:
I just want to put this out there and see if anyone agrees with me... And yes I drive an 01 GT and I love it so that being said... I hear a lot about people killing exotics (Ferrari's, Porsches, etc.) and then bragging about it. Now don't get me wrong... if you mod your car enough to beat one of those then you should be proud, but it doesn't mean you have the better car. Think about it... someone who's spent 200,000 + dollars on their car could buy 5 mustangs and make them all faster than any other mustang on the road... It's all about money. That guy would rather have a sports car with more prestige than any mustang could even come close to. So the point is... at the end of the day... he's still driving a sports car that most people would kill to have... and you're in a mustang that turns no more heads than a TA or SS... This is just my oppinion, because personally... I'd take a Ferrari over a Mustang that simply goes fast because you can't beat the presence of a ferrari weither your car is faster or not...
Eh, put a modified car like Eleanor next to a Ferrari, and no one notices teh Ferrari.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
kscoyote said:
Eh, put a modified car like Eleanor next to a Ferrari, and no one notices teh Ferrari.
Well stated!!! Thank you!!:winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
kscoyote said:
Eh, put a modified car like Eleanor next to a Ferrari, and no one notices teh Ferrari.
hmm....maybe by "no one" you mean mustang fanatics, yourself included? i would definitely "notice" and check out the ferrari (as well as eleanor).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
I would be more interested in Eleanor. It's more unique than a ferrari I think. But I would pay more attention to a Ferrari next to a run-of-the-mill Mustang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I'm sorry, but Eleanor is like, a movie icon... I seriously doubt that anyone in the world would look at the Ferrari BEFORE they drooled over Eleanor...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Enough said to the clowns who would rather look at a ferrari.:sterb:

As for the rest of you check the pics and drool!!:worship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Yep!! OOOhhh so sweet! Want to touch the heeiiiinnyyy!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
If I saw a Ferrari next to an Elanor, I would no doubt check out Elanor first. Like someone above said, it's an icon, an American icon. I tell you what, if someone is driving an orginal Shelby GT500, they are driving an exotic anyway. If I had the moeny to afford one of the above mentioned, I would take Elanore. My .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Ex-otic?

Keep an eye out for a poll floating around bout which car people would have, a ferrari 355, a viper, or a 67 fastback. The fastback was the winner (for now). Personally, I'm a hot rodder at heart, but I can appreciate certain exotics. The thing bout roddin is that it doesn't take a million to make a car go fast, anyone can do that. Its really about style, and believe me, if a mustang has got the looks, originality, taste and the absolute performance, then guys in italy who grew up marveling at thier backyard creations are gonna pick that American iron. Look at the latest gumball rally. The star of the show was a 66 fastback. Yeah, it has some bucks spent on it, but hey, go to school, get a good education and make those bucks. Then, piss everyone off by keeping that ol mustang. Jus drop in twin turbos -TCP - :kooky: LOL
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top