Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Irwindale raceway (its a 1/8 mile track in SoCAL) to test out my new M&H drag radials and the 125 shot. Previously I was running the 100hp setting on street tires.

Well, now I am running 7.67 1/8 mile times and 1.68-1.70 60 foots, and I killed a Neon SRT4, a newer camaro (99?), a 03/04 cobra, a 99-04 bullit mustang. Car is running great now.

Next time I go to CA Speedway (1/4 track) I will be looking to dip into the 11's!! Oh, and before anyone says anything..yeah I know I am lazy at the tree..:sleeping:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Your 60-ft is very impressive. Great times by the way. I might try to run at the Fontana 1/4 mile drags next Saturday. I think they're open to street cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
95MGTS said:
Your 60-ft is very impressive. Great times by the way. I might try to run at the Fontana 1/4 mile drags next Saturday. I think they're open to street cars.
Yeah, I was looking at the schedule....it lists it as NHRA test and tune sat and sunday. Does that mean you have to be an NHRA member? IF so, I was thinking of joining anyway...there is a 12.50 index class that runs at LACR and I was thinking of joining, but you have to have an NHRA number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
psfracer said:
Yeah, I was looking at the schedule....it lists it as NHRA test and tune sat and sunday. Does that mean you have to be an NHRA member? IF so, I was thinking of joining anyway...there is a 12.50 index class that runs at LACR and I was thinking of joining, but you have to have an NHRA number.
I tried calling but nobody answered. I go on a short deployment soon so it will be my last chance to run for a while. I'm tired of the 1/8th, the only tracks in San Diego. Ran today with pretty good weather (DA was the best I've seen at 1340') but I couldn't best my time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
95MGTS said:
I tried calling but nobody answered. I go on a short deployment soon so it will be my last chance to run for a while. I'm tired of the 1/8th, the only tracks in San Diego. Ran today with pretty good weather (DA was the best I've seen at 1340') but I couldn't best my time.
Yeah, you need to get to a 1/4 mile track with the vette....to turn a 8.21 with a 2.118 60' means your mph should be really strong. I suspect that the formula for conversion to 1/4 mile et wouldn't be accurate in your case. I am going to try to find out whats up with CA Speedway next weekend, if you find out anything let me know!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
psfracer said:
Yeah, you need to get to a 1/4 mile track with the vette....to turn a 8.21 with a 2.118 60' means your mph should be really strong. I suspect that the formula for conversion to 1/4 mile et wouldn't be accurate in your case. I am going to try to find out whats up with CA Speedway next weekend, if you find out anything let me know!!
I'll post here if I find out anything. Agreed, not sure if 1/4 mile conversion would work. My time above is corrected since the day I ran the DA was 2450'. The actual time was [email protected], corrected of course to sea level. The DA was better today but the best I could muster was an [email protected] with a 2.28. Corrects to an [email protected] I think. I've heard Irwindale has the best track for traction. Would love to run there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95MGTS said:
I'll post here if I find out anything. Agreed, not sure if 1/4 mile conversion would work. My time above is corrected since the day I ran the DA was 2450'. The actual time was [email protected], corrected of course to sea level. The DA was better today but the best I could muster was an [email protected] with a 2.28. Corrects to an [email protected] I think. I've heard Irwindale has the best track for traction. Would love to run there.
Track prep is awesome at Irwindale...I have run my best 60 foots and 1/8 ets there consistently. It just might be worth a trip up here one of these Thursdays. If you ever decide to come up one of these Thursdays let me know, I'll be there. The DA is better there then practically anywhere else to...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,185 Posts
95MGTS said:
My time above is corrected since the day I ran the DA was 2450'. The actual time was [email protected], corrected of course to sea level.
So 95MGTS, correct me if I am wrong, but you corrected your ET with a calculator or something, and posted that as your actual time? I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but that just doesn't seem right :cool: . 8.2 or 8.4, fast either way :worship . Just my opinion!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
psfracer said:
Went to Irwindale raceway (its a 1/8 mile track in SoCAL) to test out my new M&H drag radials and the 125 shot. Previously I was running the 100hp setting on street tires.

Well, now I am running 7.67 1/8 mile times and 1.68-1.70 60 foots, and I killed a Neon SRT4, a newer camaro (99?), a 03/04 cobra, a 99-04 bullit mustang. Car is running great now.

Next time I go to CA Speedway (1/4 track) I will be looking to dip into the 11's!! Oh, and before anyone says anything..yeah I know I am lazy at the tree..:sleeping:
125 HP shot? wow!
Do you have a forged rotating assembly?
Don't give me wrong, that must be a pretty nice bang when you hit that nitrous button but if that bang gets to big and the "BANG" gets followed by a clank clank clank... you might have thrown a rod...

Anyways, pretty cool man!
And by the way, the time is pretty good too! :worship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
So 95MGTS, correct me if I am wrong, but you corrected your ET with a calculator or something, and posted that as your actual time? I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but that just doesn't seem right :cool: . 8.2 or 8.4, fast either way :worship . Just my opinion!
It's all about the show :) Actually, I should put corrected but as you can see, I have nothing to hide. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Meaning, over at the Vette website, I had original numbers and all I got was.........comments about how down on power my Vette must be......those numbers are slow etc. So then comes the discussion about DA, what was it, what was the weather, etc. I have no problem letting people know what was the actual time, like I did above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
engineer76 said:
125 HP shot? wow!
Do you have a forged rotating assembly?
Don't give me wrong, that must be a pretty nice bang when you hit that nitrous button but if that bang gets to big and the "BANG" gets followed by a clank clank clank... you might have thrown a rod...

Anyways, pretty cool man!
And by the way, the time is pretty good too! :worship
:evilchuck Yeah, I definitely want the right BANG. Believe me, I am careful. I had the car dynotuned, had a very conservative A/F ratio at 11.5-11.8, and I check the plugs (which are one heat range colder--autolite HT0) everytime I come back from the track. If there is a problem, the plug will most likely go first. Its a stock bottom end, been running the 100 hp setting since August, been running 125 hp with DR's since mid DEC of last year (about 20 passes). No problems so far, knock knock....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,185 Posts
95MGTS said:
It's all about the show :) Actually, I should put corrected but as you can see, I have nothing to hide. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Meaning, over at the Vette website, I had original numbers and all I got was.........comments about how down on power my Vette must be......those numbers are slow etc. So then comes the discussion about DA, what was it, what was the weather, etc. I have no problem letting people know what was the actual time, like I did above.
Now you didn't have to go correct the sig just for me :smoke: J/K. 8.4 is a very good time regardless, and calculates to a low 13 in the 1/4. Yeah, a C6 is capable of 12's stock, but so many other factors play into a run, as you mentioned. I saw a C6 at the local 1/8th last year that strugggled to break into the 8's, he was auto and most of his runs were 8.9 to 9.1. I hope I see him this year, I just might give him a run for his money :laughlitt .
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top