Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that we picked up Kooks Custom Headers and we're really excited about it! I don't want to turn this TOO much into a sales thread. I will say that we're glad to be selling such a high quality product. When it comes to exhaust, Kooks is the best in USA-made Stainless Steel headers.

We've done some preliminary testing for 2011 5.0L Mustangs. We've seen as much as 28RWHP, we'll be releasing more in-depth results very shortly.

2011 3.7L V6 Mustang owners, get ready! Kooks is in their first stages of working out a long tube header system for you. We're expecting gains to be very similar to the 2005-2010 mustang GT's, about 20RWHP naturally aspirated, and much much more with added power such as forced induction! We'll be following that development with Kooks, and they'll be available for pre-order as soon as we have a solid ETA.

2005-2010 4.6L 3V Mustang owners have been enjoying these headers for years. Below is a dyno graph of what to expect. This was done on a stock Bullitt with 93 octane and then the second run is the addition of Kooks 1 5/8" long-tube headers and catalytic x-pipe. Awesome results!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that we had these available. We've got them on the shelf with free same-day shipping and the lowest pricing around. Kudos to Kooks for making such a great product!

Click here to check them out!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Chris,

Glad to see you carry Kooks now. With my setup what would you suggest I go with, catted x or off road? What is the difference? Does this mean I could put a different pulley on Whipple & up boost because engine is breathing easier? Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chris,

Glad to see you carry Kooks now. With my setup what would you suggest I go with, catted x or off road? What is the difference? Does this mean I could put a different pulley on Whipple & up boost because engine is breathing easier? Thanks, Jay
Hey Jay,

The Kooks catted are fine, the off-road are going to be better. At that point, it's really a sound thing. If you don't mind it being a tad raspy, the off-road is going to make more up top.

You'll have to see after you install what happens with boost. I've seen them installed and lose 1.5# and I've seen them installed and not lose any boost to boot. If you put out lets say 10PSI flat, but install the headers and put down 8.5PSI, you'll make the same power roughly before/after. Once you pulley back up to 10PSI, you should be in the ballpark of 30RWHP gained. We'll fatten up the air/fuel a little bit and pull a degree of timing or so. You'll be nearly 490RWHP through an auto! :worship

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Jay,

The Kooks catted are fine, the off-road are going to be better. At that point, it's really a sound thing. If you don't mind it being a tad raspy, the off-road is going to make more up top.

You'll have to see after you install what happens with boost. I've seen them installed and lose 1.5# and I've seen them installed and not lose any boost to boot. If you put out lets say 10PSI flat, but install the headers and put down 8.5PSI, you'll make the same power roughly before/after. Once you pulley back up to 10PSI, you should be in the ballpark of 30RWHP gained. We'll fatten up the air/fuel a little bit and pull a degree of timing or so. You'll be nearly 490RWHP through an auto! :worship
Chris, in your professional opinion would 490RWHP be too much to have safely on my stock internals with the setup you described above? Is the off road going to pass emissions?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Off Road is not going to pass emisions, thats good that I don`t have to worry about it out here. I love the sound of my off road x pipe. Chris now you get them!lol:laugh: I tried back then also.
Now it is time for some remote custom dyno tuning dude. I am ready foe that shiat.:winks

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Off Road is not going to pass emisions, thats good that I don`t have to worry about it out here. I love the sound of my off road x pipe. Chris now you get them!lol:laugh: I tried back then also.
Now it is time for some remote custom dyno tuning dude. I am ready foe that shiat.:winks
I second Remote tuning

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give me a shout, I do remote dyno tuning. If you've got an hour at the dyno, and before the dyno you've got an hour or so that you can do some idle/street datalogging for me. I'll tune it like I'm there with you. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Give me a shout, I do remote dyno tuning. If you've got an hour at the dyno, and before the dyno you've got an hour or so that you can do some idle/street datalogging for me. I'll tune it like I'm there with you. :bigthumbsup
supercharged? :naughty i'm already part of the "free tunes for life" :bigthumbsup and have livelink....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We tune for a few small supercharged applications, but that's really it. Roush M90 system, Edelbrock E-Force and that's about it. Bama can give you a base file to get to the dyno, or have someone remote tune it if the car isn't M90 Roush or Edelbrock E-Force.

If it's anything else, or any more in-depth (forged, different injectors and pumps, cams, headword, etc.), I wouldn't be tuning the car through Bama - it would be freelance. If you're not local, I can remote tune it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
We tune for a few small supercharged applications, but that's really it. Roush M90 system, Edelbrock E-Force and that's about it. Bama can give you a base file to get to the dyno, or have someone remote tune it if the car isn't M90 Roush or Edelbrock E-Force.

If it's anything else, or any more in-depth (forged, different injectors and pumps, cams, headword, etc.), I wouldn't be tuning the car through Bama - it would be freelance. If you're not local, I can remote tune it.
i'll remember that and will hit you up in a couple of months.... :bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.