Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a set of Kooks LTs with the Kooks catted Boss H-pipe and now when I go over bumps, I hear a squeaking noise that sounds like it's coming from the front of the exhaust. Any thoughts on what it might be? I've tightened down the exhaust bolts again, but have not messed with the motor mount brackets or header bolts since they are a pain to get to.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check to see if the headers are making contact with and rubbing on your transmission bell housing. That could be the source of the noise.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check to see if the headers are making contact with and rubbing on your transmission bell housing. That could be the source of the noise.
I'll check, but I'm pretty sure the headers have clearance in all spots. I thought about it some more and realized I never heard it when my side pipes were off. It wasn't until a couple days ago when I finally got the right size bolts and installed the side pipes that I started noticing a squeak. That's gonna be the first thing I check tomorrow; I'm really hoping that's all it is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had this exact same sound when I swapped out my midpipe. My clamps were just a teeny bit loose causing the pipes to squeak as they rubbed against each other at the junctions. I tightened everything down and the noise was gone.

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
The headers fit like a glove, I can't imagine it being the headers. Try pushing down on the car with the vehicle not running and see if you can hear the location of the source of the problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be getting out there today to tinker around with it, so I'll definitely tighten down everything I can get to again. I'll also try pushing down on it; hopefully that will help narrow down the location.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried pushing on the car to replicate the sound, but got nothing. Made an adjustment to one clamp and re-tightened several bolts, but still getting a squeak. Everything runs fine, but it's still frustrating not being able to pinpoint the source.

·
Registered
641 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.