Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd just like to post a rave review for Circuit Board Medics dot com.
I have a 2005 Mustang GT 5 spd, daily driver. I had three of my four instruments start doing eratic things a few months ago. It finally got to the point that I had to use my GPS for a speedometer in order to get to and from work. The only instrument that still worked was the fuel gauge.

So, last Sunday afternoon I pulled my cluster out of the car, following their how to video on the site, and packed it all up in bubble wrap and a stout box. Monday morning, I UPS'd it off to them after I signed up for their $99.99 repair service. I had to include a copy of my receipt in the box. My shipping to them is not included in their price. Return shipping is. It cost me about $18.00 to send it up to Greenville South Carolina.

Late Wednesday, I received an email from Circuit Board Medics telling me that they had received my instrument cluster, and would repair it the next day, in time to Fed X it back to me by close of business that same day.

Late Thursday afternoon, I got an email from them letting me know that Fed X had picked my cluster up, and would deliver it back to me by Saturday evening.

Yesterday, Saturday, at about 6:00 pm, Fed X delivered the Cluster to me. I opened the box to inspect it. It was wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap, and four layers of slightly crumpled brown paper, in a heavy box. The cluster itself had been cleaned up so well, that it appeared to be a completely new unit even though it is thirteen years old. What's more, there was a protective clear film applied to the lense side of the instrument cluster. The lense and faces were also pristeen in appearance.

I re-installed the cluster this afternoon in about 10 minutes. Everything works perfectly.

Thank you Circuit Board Medics, I highly recommend your repair service to everyone.

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The cost is the same whether the cluster is 4 or 6 gauge, whether it's one or six steppers. They replace them all anyway.

·
Registered
968 Posts
A hundred bucks plus to clean up a part and solder in a part? Heck, I'd do that, next time send it to me.
I'd say you were taken for a ride. :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A hundred bucks plus to clean up a part and solder in a part? Heck, I'd do that, next time send it to me.
Four upgraded parts and a warranty, leaves a less than average labor charge. There's more reason for it than that and you know it.

Just when I reconsidered taking you off my ignore list, your nearly continuous negativity gets you right back on it. Have a nice Sunday.

·
Administrator
8,589 Posts
Lets keep the old saying in mind if you don't have something nice to say.......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Another thumbs up from me! I had mine done a couple months ago.

Reactions: Dana W
1 - 9 of 9 Posts