Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need some input from members that have installed a ladder bar kit on a 65 or 66 Mustang. Several companys make a universal ladder bar kit example;Chris Alstons chassis works. I was wondering if anybody has installed a kit and if so how much work is it?
Please keep in mind the car is already a 8 second 1/4 mile car that runs low 1.23 60 foot on a 275/60/15 ET Street radial, I am doing this to get the rear ride height down. I have already ordered the mini tub kit and just looking for some good input.:winks

G

·
First... .welcome to AFM! Second... hats off for having an 8 sec vintage Stang! Third.... let me move this to the classic section for you and get you some help.

Thanks for joining!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I would give Alex at Moneymaker racing a call. He will have the answer and guidance. Great guy too and sells quality racing parts (beats parts houses).
Moneymaker Racing - Home

He drag races a 65 Mustang and was
2009 & 2010 Division 5 Superstock Champion and finished Number 6 in the world.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Its not the 60s i would run a 4 link over a ladder bar,The 4 link is a lot easier to adjust to get the car to leave prefectly straight and launch harder.Do you race in a class or just a bracket racer?If in a class look up the rules to see what you can do.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
thats why i was askin' what he has now. i would think if he is really runnin' 8s he would have a 4-link and why would he want to go backwards.....:kooky:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rear of the car is complete

I ended up buying the Chris Alston's Chassis works G/link G Bar with a Fab 9 housing, it is real nice !!!
Easy install and rear clean. For some of you that may doubt the car runs 8 Second passes, maybe a picture of the rear of the car will convince you. If not oh well... I have attached a few pictures of the car.
I have since sold the engine and now I am installing a NMRA Sealed Coyote crate engine and trying a different combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rear of the car

Sorry, here is the picture I was trying to post..:winks By the way, The car was running Calvert Racing Cal Trac split mono leafs and Cal trac bars when it was running consistent 8.60's The people at Calvert Racing are super cool...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts