Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine turned 25, so we decided to rent him a Diablo for his birthday. We found www.gtaexotics.ca, $7500 deposit, $1300 for 24hrs and $0.95 per km after 100km. We went ahead with it. We were so pumped when he picked up the car. It looked kind of beat up, but it's a rental I thought to myself. He takes it on the highway and he can't go faster than 120km. He calls the owner up and says it has no power. He said that it was detuned and that he disconnected the front wheel drive. It was puffing blue smoke didn't sound good at all. We got to his house to check it out. Open the engine cover and find out that the whole top cover of the engine was plastic. Fake spark plug wires that plug into nothing, zip ties covered with loom, throttle that doesn't link to anything, no front drive shafts, fake gauges with Lambo stickers on them etc. We ended up getting our money back. I just wanted to inform everyone that this place is renting out a fake car. There might be many other places pulling a similar scam. This company has probably scammed many people who don't know any better.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
lmao thats messed up . Did you get any pics of the engine ?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
So its a Lambo body with...what type of motor are they trying to pass off?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We didn't take off the plastic cover but we think it was a V6 or V8. I think it was a V8 because it must have some kind of balls to pass as a Lambo. But it was running really bad. He told us that the car caught fire. That's why it was repainted and rebuilt.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.