Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran the three-spoke metric wheels from the 83-84 mustangs on my '76 ghia. The tire size was 220-55-R390. The front of my car sagged from the weight of the 302 and the tires did not rub even at full turn lock.

I've also seen guys run the finned Mustang GT wheels from the mid-80's cars too with minimal interference.

Hope this information helps!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go Big!

Hi, I am putting on 205/40R 17's in the front and 225/45R 17's in the rear. I have 17 x 8 bullitt wheels with zero offset (aftermarket.) I haven't got it on the ground yet, but the suspension is compressed. Looks like I might rub a little in the front, but it looks killer! I have lowered it 2 to 3 inches all the way around. I will take some pic's when I get it down. The backs fit perfect. I might try and narrow the front A arms 1/2" to get clearance. I'll see after I drive it. If you got 7" rims in the front with a little negative offset everything would be peachy. You could use OEM bullitt wheels and use bolt-on spacers to center the wheels. I might have the front wheels narrowed 1" later. I am pretty sure you could get an 18 x 9 in the back with a little postitive offset. The front is about it with the 17's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
:eyepoppin I am currently running the phone dial wheels with 225 60 15 on the rear and two of the aluminum spare wheels with 185 60 15 on the front. If you run the regular wheels (phonedial) on the front you have to do some grinding to the upper ball joint because they rub real bad. Using the other wheels there is no rub cause there is barely any offset. :handball:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stretchmobile,

Pictures, please:drool: I got screwed by a wheel company who sent me 17X8" chrome bullitt rims with the wrong offset for my '06 GT and would not take them back. I also have an incredibly cherry, 10K mile, '77 II with a 302 (soon to be 347) that I would like to use the wheels on. I put one in the rear wheel well and it looks awesome. I think a lowered "II" with wide rubber would look cool. I had 14"s on mine and it looked like it was on stilts next to my '06 GT. I might even tub it to get some wider rubber in the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts