Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going out there tonight ? I've been wanting to go, what time and how much to get in $$ and how much to race $$ ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
srgentslayer said:
Anyone going out there tonight ? I've been wanting to go, what time and how much to get in $$ and how much to race $$ ?
10 bucks all nite!!! Racing starts at 7 but be there early. make sure you have insurance and pink slip or DMV title thing. Hope to see you there. Torch Red Stang is me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, I'll be there. First time out so I'll be on the bleachers with the wife and kids to get a feel. But I will be racing soon. I'll be seeing you. any specific details about your stang to look out for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Mustang Sammy said:
Wow nice job. That sounds so fun, I am gonna try it here soon. I bet the import had a turbo. Do you know if it did?
I think so, I dont even know what it was. it was all debadged and they all look alike to me, little round bubble cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
speco2005 said:
Aww sittin in the stands is no fun. Here are my 3 best slips from last night. I am car # 36. If you clik on the pic it gets larger.

http://homepage.mac.com/weiss99/car/PhotoAlbum20.html
What did you do wrong in the race against the import???

With a 2.08 60' you should have gotten around 13.69 when compared to your 2.234 60' 14.003 run. It seems to have been in your first 330' Did you miss your 1-2 shift? Did you hit the rev limiter?

Would have been a great run.

Remember 1/10th/sec. in the 60' = 2/10ths/sec. at the end of the 1/4 mile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
thump_rrr said:
What did you do wrong in the race against the import???

With a 2.08 60' you should have gotten around 13.69 when compared to your 2.234 60' 14.003 run. It seems to have been in your first 330' Did you miss your 1-2 shift? Did you hit the rev limiter?

Would have been a great run.

Remember 1/10th/sec. in the 60' = 2/10ths/sec. at the end of the 1/4 mile.
Thump I dont know seems to me I have a hard time going 1st to 2nd. I have had under 2 sec 60 foot times on my stock tires. I dont undersatnd why I cant get the 60 ft time down. I need a coach!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some of those imports were suprisingly fast. But if you invest as much as they do on turbo's , cams , etc. on a mustang, STANG's would dominate all night.
During the time we were there , 3 imports popped mid track and had to be towed ( by quads ) off the track. Mustangs still running hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
It wasnt surprising the imports are fast, the suburu, mitsubishi's are all wheel drive cars with turbo, very good for draggin'n. Even the neons showed their muscle, the fastest neon was high 11's, fastest Mitsubishi evo was low 12s and suburu WRX low 12s. 03,04 cobras low 12s, (no mustangs broke into the 11s that i remember) corvettes in the high 12s, low 13s, twin turbo viper in the 11s(smokeing tires all the way down the track). and the quickest run was a 9 second motor cycle. I got pretty decent times for my only mod is cold air, i was in the low 14s with 2.1 60 ft times, and i'm running very heavy 20 inch rims and very stiff coilover suspension and a stereo system. Anyhow, i was pretty happy and maybe next time, ill put some lighter rims and tires with some rear drag radials and break into the 13s. The track at Las vegas is 2100 feet, so you can correct the times for sea level, it take out about .4 tenths off your time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
thump_rrr said:
What did you do wrong in the race against the import???

With a 2.08 60' you should have gotten around 13.69 when compared to your 2.234 60' 14.003 run. It seems to have been in your first 330' Did you miss your 1-2 shift? Did you hit the rev limiter?

Would have been a great run.

Remember 1/10th/sec. in the 60' = 2/10ths/sec. at the end of the 1/4 mile.
speco2005 said:
Thump I dont know seems to me I have a hard time going 1st to 2nd.
I have had under 2 sec 60 foot times on my stock tires.
I dont undersatnd why I cant get the 60 ft time down.
I need a coach!!!
Looking at the timeslips you posted there was no problem with your 60' time against the import. 2.0 is very respectable for any street tire especially for a 20" wheel.

My best 60' with my factory 17" is 1.95. I have made over 550 passes in my 05 alone.

From your numbers posted above it's either you've hit the rev limiter or did something wrong on your shift.

What CAI and tuner are you using? Did you bump up the rev limiter? What rpm do you shift at? How fast are your shifts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
thump_rrr said:
Looking at the timeslips you posted there was no problem with your 60' time against the import. 2.0 is very respectable for any street tire especially for a 20" wheel.

My best 60' with my factory 17" is 1.95. I have made over 550 passes in my 05 alone.

From your numbers posted above it's either you've hit the rev limiter or did something wrong on your shift.

What CAI and tuner are you using? Did you bump up the rev limiter? What rpm do you shift at? How fast are your shifts?
See thats it the Thump I was on MT ET Streets!!! So I should have had better 60fts. I had better 60fts and under 2.0 on my 17 stock tires. I must suck at shifting into 2nd. I have the K&N CAI. I have a Dyno tune that we put down 307 HP so its all in my driving skills, as in BAD skills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Hey thump - not to hijack a thread, but since you're on the topic -
Where are you running your rev limiter? Stock internals?
Where are you shifting?
I'm sure all of us who haven't had your experience on the 1320 couuld benefit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
speco2005 said:
See thats it the Thump I was on MT ET Streets!!! So I should have had better 60fts. I had better 60fts and under 2.0 on my 17 stock tires. I must suck at shifting into 2nd. I have the K&N CAI. I have a Dyno tune that we put down 307 HP so its all in my driving skills, as in BAD skills.
Now I understand. I thought you were on street tires. What pressure were you running the ET Streets? 18psi hot is a good starting point. What was the track temp? Was the track sticky for everyone else?

After your burnout when rolling to the line it should sound like you're rolling on the sticky side of a roll of duct tape.

All of my best runs were during the day when the sun was out but the air was cool.

Here are 2 old posts where i detailed to KJ_cinci how to do a good burnout.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49582&highlight=burnout
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49244&highlight=burnout
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
ultraclyde said:
Hey thump - not to hijack a thread, but since you're on the topic -
Where are you running your rev limiter? Stock internals?
Where are you shifting?
I'm sure all of us who haven't had your experience on the 1320 couuld benefit...
My rev limiter is set at 6500.
That is the stock setting on the Predator with the C&L 93 Octane canned tune.
I typically shift around 6200 rpm.

The only performance mods I have are C&L Intake with Diablosport Predator 93 Canned Tune.
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys.
JBA Longtube Headers and Catted H-Pipe.
I'm running the BFG Drag Radial II 275/40 17" (25.9" Diameter) on factory 8"wide rims because I got a deal on them and the rims. I'll be going with MT ET Streets in 17" next.

The internals are stock.

By running factory tires 27.1" diameter and a 6500rpm redline I can cross the finish line in 3rd gear around 6300rpm.

If you're running 26" tall tires you can forget about doing that.

I installed the headers on the last day of the season and I didn't get the car dyno tuned. I suspect that I'll pick up a few more hp with a custom tune.

I have full Steeda roadrace suspension with stiffer springs swaybars ect on the car which doesn't allow the weight transfer to occur as easily as it would with the factory suspension. The only piece I feel helps in the 1/4 mile is the 3rd link and maybe the LCAs. I'll be installing the LCA relocation brackets from BMR early this spring and I'll hopefully see some more improvements in my 60' times.

My real goals for this car are superior handling AND great acceleration.

These two goals require completely different setups which is why I compromise and don't go with a drag setup such as swaybar delete or drag springs.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top