Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Justin took the magnaflow axle-back off because of the crappy sounding mid range rasp. He tried the Roush next but said he hated that even more because it was too loud and pulled it right back off and put the stock mufflers back on. He never made a video of it with the Roush or the stock mufflers though.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
That sounded like crap!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
LOL. Every time I hear that video I can't help but laugh. As I said in another thread, this combo sounds like a V6 Mustang got a$$ raped a Honda Civic Si and this was their offspring. It's what made me decide the headers were not for me.

Seriously, like a lion comes running up to you and instead of letting out a vicious roar, he screams "rarrrrr". Then he turns and walks away with a "meow" to close the loop.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah, not so good on the first few tries. His latest attempt was adding a pair of Magnaflow resonators in place of the stock ones & using a Flowmaster 817497 axle back. Sounds pretty bueno now! Video coming soon!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Yeah, not so good on the first few tries. His latest attempt was adding a pair of Magnaflow resonators in place of the stock ones & using a Flowmaster 817497 axle back. Sounds pretty bueno now! Video coming soon!
Magnaflow resonators in place of the stock ones???

There are no stock ones, manual transmission V6 cars do not come with resonators.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Magnaflow resonators in place of the stock ones???

There are no stock ones, manual transmission V6 cars do not come with resonators.
The short larger piece of the tailpipe in the fuel tank area is what I'm referring to. It's hollow, but acts as a resonator.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
The short larger piece of the tailpipe in the fuel tank area is what I'm referring to. It's hollow, but acts as a resonator.
You'll have to show me that because I've never seen that on a V6 manual car.

Now, automatics have resonators right behind the cats but not manual transmission cars.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Okay, my mistake. Got some correct info now.

He had the Magnaflow pieces welded in to the tailpipe, in the fuel tank area. For some reason I had it in my head that there was a stock resonator there.

His car is a manual & he did confirm that on his stock mid pipe, they were there behind the cats. Maybe its one of those Ford hit & miss things. Who knows.

My apologies for the initial mis-information.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Must have been thinking about a GT, they do have resonators in that spot.
Probably. I've slept & drank beer since the last time I was under either version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts