Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hung out at Alternative Auto this morning... I haven't had the car on the dyno since I switched out the tires and wheels... I wanted to see if the smaller tires made a difference.... well they didn't change the HP at all but it appears to have increased the Torque. Lidio sprayed a little earlier than he has in the past... but between the tires and the early spray... well take a look at the dyno sheet!!! LOL!

Also.. I've probably made close to 30 passes at the track and a dozen pulls on the dyno... some 75HP and some 100HP shots... Now I've notice a few of the GT guys have burned up their spark plugs... which made me a tad nervous... so we pulled a plug out of my car... The spark plug looked perfectly normal... no signs of burning what so ever! Now I realize we only pulled one plug (we were pressed for time today)... but that one plug looked great considering how many bottles I've run through! LOL! Lidio also noticed that the plugs in our V6's are actually a colder plug than the GTs... hmmmmm... I'm still running the stock gapping on the plugs... We'll probably pull all the plugs shortly and gap them better for the N20...

Ok... here' s today's sheet!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Lidio also noticed that the plugs in our V6's are actually a colder plug than the GTs
and your not having any hesitation problems? I went a step colder in my car once I got it tuned, and it started acting up. I had to run 32C Bosch double blah blah blah. Get that Horsepower up to the torque and youll have one sick six.

·
Registered
502 Posts
John, those torky stats are phee-nomenal! I think you've got the auto tranny, right? Looking at your sheet, it made me wonder where the optimum shift point (rpm-wise) would be if you were running a manual. My previous understanding is that one should do it at right around the point -- or shortly after the point -- when the HP and torque lines intersect...but for the Screamer, that would be at almost 5500 hp's! An interesting situation, but one that Lidio can handle, I'm sure.

BTW, my sweet wife picked up a couple of Mustang mags from the store a month ago, and Lidio's work is featured in both. What a blessing to have somebody with those skills (and passion for our Stangs) so close by!

Keep on burnin', bro...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lcurle said:
and your not having any hesitation problems? I went a step colder in my car once I got it tuned, and it started acting up. I had to run 32C Bosch double blah blah blah. Get that Horsepower up to the torque and youll have one sick six.
Nope, car runs good even with the N20 tune in it... so I just leave it in all the time...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zregime said:
John, those torky stats are phee-nomenal! I think you've got the auto tranny, right? Looking at your sheet, it made me wonder where the optimum shift point (rpm-wise) would be if you were running a manual. My previous understanding is that one should do it at right around the point -- or shortly after the point -- when the HP and torque lines intersect...but for the Screamer, that would be at almost 5500 hp's! An interesting situation, but one that Lidio can handle, I'm sure.

BTW, my sweet wife picked up a couple of Mustang mags from the store a month ago, and Lidio's work is featured in both. What a blessing to have somebody with those skills (and passion for our Stangs) so close by!

Keep on burnin', bro...
Yes, I have the automatic... it shifts right around 5900 RPMs...

Yeah, it's been great working with Lidio! And it's really nice that he's really excited about the 4.0L! When I first called him back in March he wasn't doing V6s... I was very disappointed because I knew I wanted him to tune my car! LOL! Needless to say when he did start doing tunes for the V6 I was the first customer to buy it!!! LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts