Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I just installed the Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hoop props. Wow! 1000 times better than that stupid original hood prop Ford put in there. :green It was a fairly easy install, although I REALLY took my time as not to scratch anything I wasn't supposed to. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Hey guys and gals. I just installed the Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hoop props. Wow! 1000 times better than that stupid original hood prop Ford put in there. :green It was a fairly easy install, although I REALLY took my time as not to scratch anything I wasn't supposed to. Here's a couple of pics.
Pretty neato

·
Registered
151 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Nice. I think i'll add that to my list. How much were they?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have those on mine too. But I peeled off there sticker, I'm not going to give em free advertising, if I had to pay for em. I noticed that you removed your prop rod, I removed mine too, then my wife asked me why I took off the rod, and I could not give her a good answer.... Why did you remove yours?

Tim

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
I removed mine too, then my wife asked me why I took off the rod, and I could not give her a good answer.... Why did you remove yours?

Tim
:evilchuck Can you live without it?

·
Registered
886 Posts
after contantly running into the gas struts on the wife's explorer while wrenching, and after getting hit in the head by the hood when they decide to collapse 15 min AFTER opening the hood....I was happy to find the prop instead of the struts from the factory....pers preference, I guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree the s/s premium struts are the way to go. The Redline Tuning lift struts also fit on my RK Sport Cal. Ram Air Hood. The prop rod is history and will remain so.

·
Registered
359 Posts
These where one of my first mods that I did, and I will tell you, they are worth every penny. They look great and function even better.

As for not having a pop-rivet-gun, ask around at work, there is always one tool junky who will let you borrow theirs.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mustangbaxter said:
I have those on mine too. But I peeled off there sticker, I'm not going to give em free advertising, if I had to pay for em. I noticed that you removed your prop rod, I removed mine too, then my wife asked me why I took off the rod, and I could not give her a good answer.... Why did you remove yours?

Tim
Weight saving. Yeah that's it. That's my story and I am sticking to it! Ok, Ok. I thought it redundant to have the prop rod still there. Besides, knowing some of the service techs out there, I can just see one of 'em trying to put the prop rod into the proper receptical, while bending the hood, or destroying the Redlines, because the gas struts won't go that far! :doh:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good point, maybe my wife will buy it. And I too did not have a pop rivit gun, so I did what any american would do, I went to my local home depot store, bought a pop rivit gun, then returned it the next day, after I was done with it...:eek:

Tim

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm sure my father has one stored somewhere(probably 2-3 knowing pops), need to get down there and get my 1915 Black and Decker model #1 1/2hp drill & Forstner bit set back anyway.

Excuse for a road trip.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think a lot of the mods are kinda nice, but not worth the cost. The after market auto parts industry is nothing short of a criminal organization! To each his own.

Those struts do look kinda neat, however, and if you're satisfied with the investment that's all that matters. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
drbino said:
I think a lot of the mods are kinda nice, but not worth the cost. The after market auto parts industry is nothing short of a criminal organization! To each his own.

Those struts do look kinda neat, however, and if you're satisfied with the investment that's all that matters. :)
Hey, like they say, 'You can't take it with you'. I figure that Ford should have put these on at the factory. I mean really, a $34,000 car with a 70's/80's cheap prop rod? :gringreen

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I've got the elite kit too...

so last sunday i'm at mustang memories car show... bunch of guys standing in front of the car check it out.... Someone says, "How do you like the hood kit?" I'm like "IT'S GREAT!!!" I love it... look how pressure it takes before the hood starts to come down... (demo the hood). Great fit and finish. Clear instruction for easy install!" I'm smiling and really showing of the kit... then I notice one of the guys has a "Redline Tuning" shirt on.. so I say "oh, you WORK for Redline?" To which the guy says, " No..... I'm an owner..." DUH!!! LOL! Had a good laugh... Nice guy... Actually If it's a product I really like and think it's a good value I will keep those sticker on... I have the guy give me some business cards, that way when people ask me where I got the I just hand a them a card and say "Here you go..." LOL!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gas struts are great. I got a different set-up from www.MRT-Direct.com. I prefer these because they attach with existing bolts and the bottom of the struts anchor near the back of the hood and give more room to work in the engine compartment. I don't have a picture but the web site shows the set-up. The hood will lift approximately 1" higher than the prop will hold it up and the hood prop will work as a back-up if needed.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Check out...

The bolt on ones at www.mustangracing.com for $99. I put he $59 ones from Redline on my hardtop but I think I'm going to order these for the convertible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.