Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'd like to see what you guys generally launch at for instance if you are at a strip.

1- Per my sig I have 3.73 tires and performance tires
2- I generally launch just a tad above idle and can get wheel spin all the way up to about 4000-4500 rpms before it starts breaking the wheel spin
3- 0 wheel hop though which is great, compared to when I first purchased the car.
4- Considering trying a few more launches I may just need to gradually punch it to get less wheel spin.
5- I believe the only other thing that would help me out in a huge way would be drag tires of course.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hello all,

I'd like to see what you guys generally launch at for instance if you are at a strip.

1- Per my sig I have 3.73 tires and performance tires
2- I generally launch just a tad above idle and can get wheel spin all the way up to about 4000-4500 rpms before it starts breaking the wheel spin
3- 0 wheel hop though which is great, compared to when I first purchased the car.
4- Considering trying a few more launches I may just need to gradually punch it to get less wheel spin.
5- I believe the only other thing that would help me out in a huge way would be drag tires of course.
i know this is off topic but what psi do you run in your tires??

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know this is off topic but what psi do you run in your tires??
No, that's actually a very good point and I should of thought of that myself. I've not taken any air out of the tire. That would surely help from what others have stated. I'll try that soon.

Is there a recommended -psi setting. I.E -10 psi on current stock recommended setting on the tire?

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
No, that's actually a very good point and I should of thought of that myself. I've not taken any air out of the tire. That would surely help from what others have stated. I'll try that soon.

Is there a recommended -psi setting. I.E -10 psi on current stock recommended setting on the tire?

Thanks,

Chad
well it is off topic for why im askin you lol, i have the same set up and when i installed them my mpg went from 31 to 25.. it was at 34 psi and i up't it to 42psi since the tire itself says max is 50 psi.. i saw 2mpg improvement but still not even 30 mpg any more.. i have 2.73 gears and its just a heart break.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I usually rev to about 2k rpms. Right before the green light I start laying the throttle a split second before I dump the clutch. My point in doing that is to make sure I'm not too high in the rpms but I'm also increasing as I let out the clutch.

·
Registered
540 Posts
hey man, instead of just keepin it nailed & keep it burning out, pedal that thing till the tires hook. Might sound like your losing time by on / off the throttle but it helps alot.:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts