Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoke blows up through the center console where the stick is. At first it would happen at high RPM, now it happens when i just hit the gas.

I see that the oil pan is leaking back where it meets the transmission... Is this the rear seal? The pan is dry up towards the front. but would a 1-piece oil pan gasket fix this?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sounds like your pcv valve might have blown off, you're leaking oil at the back of the lower intake, or your valve cover gaskets are leaking oil onto the headers/h pipe. You need to clean everything off and see where it's coming from.

The only way smoke would come through the console if the pan is leaking is if you are moving. The majority of the time when it smokes, it's the intake gasket or valve cover. If it drips it's either the rear main crankshaft seal or oil pan gasket.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I didn't have smoke coming up like yours does but I did have an oil leak. It ended up being that my driver side valve cover was leaking like mad. While I had the upper intake off I replaced the crankcase breather filter (under pcv valve), grommet, pcv and hoses that are hard to get to. After I got everthing back together I degreased the motor just to make sure that was the only place that I was leaking. Not only did I get the oil to stop leaking and the motor is clean.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My bet would be the PCV valve, too. The question is "why" did it blow off? When mine blew off it was because I punched a hole in a piston.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PCV valve is intact... I recently replaced the valve, screen and rubber grommet.

I hope the leak is only coming from the valve cover because that's more an easier fix than replacing the oil pan gasket.

Now that i think of it, both cylinder heads looked clean. No leaking from the side. I'll have to check again, tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.