Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been back and forth on buying a tuner because my engine has a piston ring leak(slight)

i want a tuner but will it hurt my engine anymore since i have a leaking piston ring?

and even when i re-ring it i can still use the same tuner.

should i spend the $400 on the SCT Tuner or save that 400 towards a re-ring?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It's never smart to modify an already hurt car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's never smart to modify an already hurt car.
Dude looking at your signature, how did you run a 12.74 with 266hp and 306 lb/ft ? not doubting you im asking how you did it suspension and stuff wise cuz i cant hook up worth anything

·
Registered
300 Posts
It depends on what you're going to do for a motor after this one lets go.

The best way to go in my opinion is to find a low mileage used PI motor from a newer gt. Rip the old one out, swap the new one in and avoid messing with expensive internals and machining.

If you go that route and have adequate budget, I'd personally get the tuner and continue to beat on your leaky 4.6 until it lets go, then let the scrap man have the pieces.

If you want to keep the block you have now, might as well save up your money and tear into it. Get it right, then mod it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dude looking at your signature, how did you run a 12.74 with 266hp and 306 lb/ft ? not doubting you im asking how you did it suspension and stuff wise cuz i cant hook up worth anything
He's got the insanely good driver mod which helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Either way you look at it its gonna tear up so i would put the money towards fixing it or another motor which ever u had in mind to do. Not trying to knock no one but its easier for somebody to tell u to tear up a car thats already hurt when its not coming out of their wallet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once this motor goes im looking for a 99 gt motor because i like the romeo's and from what iv been told the 00 - 04s were windsor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts