Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out I have a leaking M90 supercharger, leaking out of the front snout. This is my first supercharged car and was wondering what the diagnostics are going to look like? Is something like this fixable? Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My kenne bell leaks,i just put gasket maker on it has not leaked since.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
So I found out I have a leaking M90 supercharger, leaking out of the front snout. This is my first supercharged car and was wondering what the diagnostics are going to look like? Is something like this fixable? Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
Remove snout.
Clean surface.
Apply sealant and/or gasket.
Torque bolts.
Fill with fluid.
Drive car.
Have fun.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea my eaton leaks too. i put gasket maker around it and it really slowed it down. i gotta order a new seal. i get it free under warranty.

anyone have a diagram on how to remove the front of it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
My kenne bell leaks,i just put gasket maker on it has not leaked since.
I had a leak on my KB too, I called and they first sent a new snout, which I swapped.. a week later it was leaking again.. they ended up sending me a new double lip seal which was easy to install, and not a drop since.

BTW, if you are leaking oil out the snout, or at the base of the drive, it won't affect the way the engine runs. Just make sure you don't run out of oil in the supercharger. If you are saying you have a vacuum leak in the front of the supercharger, you need to get that taken care of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.