Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has 31,090 miles, found about the leak tonight..guess i will schedule to take it in to dealer on monday. Seems like this issue is happening a little more frequently.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Car has 31,090 miles, found about the leak tonight..guess i will schedule to take it in to dealer on monday. Seems like this issue is happening a little more frequently.

I was on my way to the track one night and stopped at a buddies house along the way. I pulled in his driveway and sat inside for about an hour and came out and there was coolant running out from underneath my car. Couldn't see where it came from and the overflow wasn't wet. I put some water in it and drove to the track and it didn't leak a single drip. I ran a new personal best that night lol but it seems to come and go. Its freaky

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on my way to the track one night and stopped at a buddies house along the way. I pulled in his driveway and sat inside for about an hour and came out and there was coolant running out from underneath my car. Couldn't see where it came from and the overflow wasn't wet. I put some water in it and drove to the track and it didn't leak a single drip. I ran a new personal best that night lol but it seems to come and go. Its freaky

i just dropped the car off at the dealer. guess we'll see.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although not much response was had in this thread, thought i would update for those who may come across at a later date.

Dealer replaced the entire pump and the associated seals. All seems well.

Out of curiosity, i checked under hood to see if it got cleaned up at all, which it did. But...checked my expansion tank and the level of coolant in my car is way to low. I'm surprised i got it back from the dealership with such low coolant. Too much of a hassle for me to take it back so i'm just going to add some more 50/50 into it. Scary to drive with low coolant especially being here in Arizona where temps are hitting 100 already. My .02 is just make sure you always check after getting work done, no matter who does the service.

Hard to see in this picture, but the orange/red coolant should be between the "cold fill lines" towards the top of the tank. The car had been sitting for 10 hours, so it was definitely cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts