Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my car to get it's oil change since I'm lazy... The guy tells me my rear main seal is leaking!!! Is that possible, I only got like 12k miles on my car!!!! I know I got many many parts but wow!!!! I barely have any miles on it!!!! He also said my custom exhaust prevented him from checking my gear oil in the back, He's gotta be on crack cause that's stock going over the axel!!! ugh... I dunno maybe I let my real mechanic look at it!

·
Registered
897 Posts
2k5stang said:
I take my car to get it's oil change since I'm lazy... The guy tells me my rear main seal is leaking!!! Is that possible, I only got like 12k miles on my car!!!! I know I got many many parts but wow!!!! I barely have any miles on it!!!! He also said my custom exhaust prevented him from checking my gear oil in the back, He's gotta be on crack cause that's stock going over the axel!!! ugh... I dunno maybe I let my real mechanic look at it!
If your main rear seal is leaking i'd say GREAT :bouncer :green :clap :strut :clap :green :bouncer
Time to put in a lightened flywheel and dual friction clutch while the seal is being replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Do you have some blowby? (you know excessive psi past the rings?) I am as surprised as can be that they didn't blame it on the supercharger..... Keep us posted... I wish you well.

2k5stang said:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thump_rrr said:
If your main rear seal is leaking i'd say GREAT :bouncer :green :clap :strut :clap :green :bouncer
Time to put in a lightened flywheel and dual friction clutch while the seal is being replaced under warranty.
I never thought about it like that!!!! Great idea!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts