Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the beginning of the story.. I installed a pair fo bbk long tube headers and a high flow catted h pipe.. I wanted a louder sound so I put on a off road h pipe.. Ever since then my car has been trowing a lean code... It stutters too a lot around 1000 to 1500 rpms in every gear. I cahbged the throttle posiyion snsor with no gain or results.. So I question is y would it do this considering it didn't start till I put on off road h pipe. Is it too high flow maybe no back pressure or am I just and odd mustang that's acting funny.. Also do I have to have a tune in order to run this set up.. It's bothering me becauuse I've lost performance ever since installing my lt headers on.. I'm debating replace ing back to stock..

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
You need to get that thing tuned ASAP. Your problem is likely in there, but check the plugs, filters, and compression too.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
+1 on getting it tuned

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
well, if you unplugged the little 02 seonsors, you need to plug them back in with mil eliminators man or if you have a tuner turn the downstream 02 sensors off

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.. So I'll get a tuner then. I need to get a performance tune for my car anyway.. In the mean time since I don't have 400 bucks right now is it safe to drive my car for a couple of weeks... Thank for all the info I aopreciate it

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
With a lean code I would say no, its too easy to cause major damage. Look on ebay for a tuner, you can find some good deals there, but I think you really should get a dyno tune, a canned tune is NOT going to do what you need by itself and you can't tweak it properly without wideband a/f metering.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my last question would be why would it throw a lean code after the cats were removed it never did before I installed the orr road h pipe.. It's got a brand new k and n cai and I can here it sucking just fine... My fuel pump and my fuelfilter are new too.. I'm just wondering..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok soo I took the car to a mechanic to let him look at it.. He told me that basically what happened is that since I put on a off road h pipe I made my exhuast valve have no back pressure causing al the fuel to be forced out before the valve closes for compression and spark so he said a tuner from american muscle with the bama chips tune will fix everything because it will adjust timing of fuel spray and things like that haha.. So I odered the sct chip since I'm cheap lol and had them set up the tune to turn off the rear 02 sensors off and adjust the tune for the exhuast and other upgrades I got.. Soo when I get it in I'll let yall know if it fixes it.. Thanks for all the info.. Definitely helped me point to the right direction and everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.