Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on why my Cobra is a 1/2" to 3/4" lower on the drivers side rear than the passenger side? With no one in the car.
It is noticible if you are standing a few feet away from the car. No matter where I measure, it's about the same.Tire air pressures are the same.The front of the car is level.

·
Registered
348 Posts
how does the suspension feel when you drive over bumps and stuff? does it feel normal or really bouncy/ harsh etc.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had the car for a little while, so I am not sure how the suspension should feel.The car has 100K miles on it. It does ride a little rougher than I thought it would though. I guess I would say the suspension feels a little stiff to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Park the car on a level surface and measure from the top of each tire to the fender. This will give you an idea of how much difference from one side to the other.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just add some weight to the opposite side to even it out :D

Or maybe your car is trying to tell you to lose some weight...:hihi:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Approx 3 1/4" on the drivers side and 3 3/4" on the passenger side. Is there any adjustments that can be made on the rear suspension parts of these cars?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Mine is the same way but in the front,the drivers side sat lower with my stock suspension and it still does with 1.6 lowering springs, I can get 3 fingers from the top of the tire to the fender on the passenger side and only 2 on the drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help all. May be the springs. Probably be a good place to start.
And I do need to lose some weight,but I figure who ever had the car before may have been on the heavy side too.Doesn't matter as far as the way it handles,and I am probably the only one that would notice it leaning.Just wondered anyone had come across this before.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
?

Sounds like your spings are on the way out.
Was this directed at me? The lowering springs in my car are less than six months old and their German Vogtlands, FOR SURE not worn out!!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Thanks for the help all. May be the springs. Probably be a good place to start.
And I do need to lose some weight,but I figure who ever had the car before may have been on the heavy side too.Doesn't matter as far as the way it handles,and I am probably the only one that would notice it leaning.Just wondered anyone had come across this before.
What kind of miles are on your car? I doubt the springs are worn out, stockers are gonna last 75-100K miles before sagging if ever!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.