Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learned my lesson....

Guys,

95% of you probably already know this , but I've just started to get into paint care and a little bit of detailing.

About a month ago I saw a buddy of mine I hadnt seen since I bought my stang. He commented on my "nice car", but after we pulled it into his garage that night, my nice car vanished without a trace. You see, under the light, you could see every paint swirl I had ever ground into my paint through just a couple years of BP and Shell Car washes and the notorious self wash brush! I had no idea I was absolutely killing my paint when I washed my car!

Well, I was lucky...I actually thought I was gonna have to shell out for a new paint job, but we were able to buff my baby out and get her about 75% restored. In the spring we are gonna do her again, and then at least 2 times a year from now on.

My buddy has taught me to be extremely careful with what touches my paint. I think I'm using some of the best stuff on the market from www.griotsgarage.com for routine washing now. And now, if I dont have time to handwash, I use the drive through laser washes where your car is never touched my a dirty brush.

Just thought I would share my thoughts! Later, guys!

Jason
99 gt vert
columbus, OH

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Learned my lesson....

Jason, could'nt agree more. I use Griott's products on my Mustangs and have been very pleased with the results. It's a challenge to keep paint job in good condition. I think it has to be a labor of love :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Griot's Products

Scott,

A labor of love is right! Especially on a black car! UGH! It's so worth it to get her looking the way she deserves.

Anyway, buying that griot's starter kit was the best investment I've made with my stang. Oh, and besides the paint, we really had to to an overhaul on the interior. No one ever taught me how to really take care of a car, so I guess its better late than never. All those years of basically spraying "grease" on my leather and dash had really deteriorated from the fresh natural look my car had from the factory. All the armor all and turtle wax had just piled up on my seats...its was ugly! That Griots interior cleaner was a godsend...the seats look like they did in the showroom! Best $$ I've spent.

Later!

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.