Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a 2005 or 2006 V6 Mustang within the next 2 or 3 months. One factor I am trying to decide if I want is Leather vs. Cloth? Usually, a used Mustang with cloth interior is priced lower than one with leather, however, is there an advantage to having leather interior over cloth interior? Which one do y'all prefer? Do leather seats automatically come with other options when they are purchased new on a Mustang?

Thanks
Swpihc1

·
Registered
785 Posts
Personally I like leather. I have had it all my cars and every once in a while I clean it. I am pretty careful about it and not getting in with a screw driver in my back pocket. I am thinking of moving to Arizona and have asked several others out there what they suggest to get on a new car - they all said leather. It is hot, but it a status thing I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with the cloth myself. I fully agree that the leather is easier to clean. But I did find the cloth on these cars to be fairly stain resistant and not too bad. Where I live we get big weather extremes. Hot summers and cold winters, so I opted for the cloth. Also, I like to wear shorts in the summer and get tired of the skin sticking to leather. But again, these are all personal feelings.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've always preferred leather in my vehicles. I just like the way it looks and feels. The new perferated leather seating surface in our Mustangs actually 'breathes' and is quite comfortable even here in Florida during summer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My 05 V6 Mustang had the cloth and my 06 GT has the leather. I like the leather much more and personally I think it looks better. I don't think the seating material has anything to do with other options. My 05 V6 with cloth was a Premium model.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I prefer leather, it is also an advantage when and if you re-sell.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
I have leather in my vert ...In the summer time I don't like it. What I do like is the skin on the back of my legs!! Leather & hot weather & skin ...not a good mixture!!! Aside from that I do like the leather seats... so much easier to clean!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Leather for the win!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Leather, leather, leather, leather, leather, leather...

Did I say leather ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
im actually surprised with the leather in the mustangs. they breathe pretty well in the heat. the other day it was about 100 degrees outside and when i got in it wasnt that bad. my seats are the black leather with the dove inserts, so the light grey in the middle of the seats helps a lot i think. just make sure the seats have been taken care of, because they tend to show wear pretty quickly without ample amounts of leather conditioner.

·
Registered
277 Posts
if you feel you can save quite a bit, buy the cloth and then get the brand new factory leather from brenspeed or ?? and install it ur self, usually around three hundred dollars for complete ford factory leather as they get it from Roush/Saleen/ etc..just a thought...

·
Registered
263 Posts
The leather is really worth it IMHO. Very easy to clean (just cleaned mine last night), looks a lot classier, better resale value, will wear better, won't stain, etc. The only advantage
to cloth is price.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I wanted heated seats pretty bad and an automatic starter but i dunno i just cant keep myself away from mods that burn up my gas as opposed to one that will burn my butt

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Always go with leather - its so much easier to clean. Former President Bill Clinton wouldn't have gotten in as much trouble if Monica Lewinsky had been wearing a leather dress.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i like leather personally..its pretty easy to clean, and it just looks cool. but with cloth, you dont have to worry about sticky legs or a hot seat after opening the door of a sun baked car...

·
Registered
785 Posts
No one can call themselves a true convertible owner until they park the car in the sun, with the top down, and than after about an hour slide into the leather drivers seat. It's kind of like branding.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Leather IS more better!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
+++1 for leather

·
Registered
57 Posts
Go with the leather, its a much more classy look.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.