Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer this morning and the parts department had a set of LED tail lights for the 05/06 Mustang. Not my cup of tea but some one may be interested. They had a black surround with the three segments in red. Each segment had two vertical rows of 5 LEDs set into the red reflectorized material. I didn't get a price.

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. I had never seen them before - I wouldn't put them on either of my cars but then not everyone has my eye for style :gringreen

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
2horseowner said:
Exactly. I had never seen them before - I wouldn't put them on either of my cars but then not everyone has my eye for style :gringreen
I would have to agree with the 2horseowner guy on this one. Its a tough call on a part that doesn't improve performance but if it increases your saftey factor,that would be a serious consideration.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just as I imagined...
It will look like a carnival ride. Does it come with a buzzer for a horn? (sorry if someone thinks they look good.) Some dealer options astound me. They should pay more attention to service instead of crapping up somebody's new ride.

Regarding the safety factor- The stock set up is at a decent height and pretty bright yet schmuck-heads still don't see the left turn signal until they're almost on top of you. WTF?

lol. I'm in a bad mood.

·
Registered
886 Posts
We've recently been doing some engineering work with LEDs. And I don't see how those could be any brighter than the stock lamps. Those things are blinding! which is good, of course. And i sure wouldn't put them on as a style statement, even though the tail lights are my least favorite feature of the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Woof. Those LED lights are pure rice.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I thought this post was about the spring loaded led bulbs. Have you seen those, or used them? They could be useful if they dont attract rice.....should have a quicker response time. These are merely replacement bulbs.:)

Im back now, and so is the speed.:winks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Ive noticed only from certain angles the Mustang already looks like it has led's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty garish.

The ONLY redeeming quality I can see would be the metal framing device around the lenses.

Is it just me, or does the three-element design get lost at night, during braking? IMHO, the lenses need to be framed, but in white metal or in a color that matches the body, I dunno...

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am very happy with sequential lights. I see people in my rear view mirror discussing the lights between them. Often following the lights with their index finger.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
767 Posts
hogpowr said:
I thought this post was about the spring loaded led bulbs. Have you seen those, or used them? They could be useful if they dont attract rice.....should have a quicker response time. These are merely replacement bulbs.:)

Im back now, and so is the speed.:winks
If you're talking about the ones I think you are talking about, aren't the like $20 per bulb?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.