Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I got my prochamber installed and the guys at the shop used the two pipes and the chamber. They used the flang seal for the passenger side exhaust manifold but didnt use that other part that looked like a 2 inch piece of pipe with a wider opening on one side. Does anyone know what this part is for or do i not need it?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I have no idea what that piece would be. I don't recall having one when I had my Prochamber installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That stub of pipe is used if your existing studs on your exhaust manifold has the factory shouldered studs. The shouldered studs will not allow the nuts to tighted the joint so that stub of pipe makes up the difference.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hdbiker1 said:
That stub of pipe is used if your existing studs on your exhaust manifold has the factory shouldered studs. The shouldered studs will not allow the nuts to tighted the joint so that stub of pipe makes up the difference.
Yep.....previously the mac prochambers had fitment issues and were not sealing up properly and people were experiencing exhaust leaks. What most did was go to Napa Auto Parts and get a stud kit that were not shouldered and that would allow to seal up properly. I guess Mac got tired of people complaining about the prochamber not sealing up right so they started including the "stub" piece of pipe. I had my prochamber installed and was able to use the "stub" pipe and factory studs, which sealed up perfectly.

·
Registered
269 Posts
OK i have problems with my prochamber not fitting correctly. If i understand this right, you guys are saying that the little metal piece that goes into the driver side exhaust is supposed to be there, and that is what makes the stock bolts fit correctly. That is what i did and it still isn't fitting correctly. Also, i went to NAPA and i asked them for locking nuts to hold it on because that is what everyone told me to get. But what is this "stud kit" that you guys are talking about that you can get from NAPA. One last thing, should i get the bolts torqued down?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would i know if my exhaust had a leak? Is it very important performance wise if i dont get the part installed or is it possible that i dont need the part installed?

·
Registered
269 Posts
COME ON GUYS WE NEED HELP!!! haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
Whoever posted on this thread a while ago help or a response would be greatly apperciated. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had to call Mac, so I used the piece of pipe. Everything fits nice. If your having fitment issues, maybe pull the pipe and reinstall it. It's not hard if you have a swivel socket for the passenger side. It would be nice if Mac would include even a rough sketch of how the pro chamber installs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My prochamber just seems to have a somewhat grinding sound at low rpms when i dont give it that much gas. The only thing that i can think of is that its loose. I used lock washers along with the stock shouldered bolt...is there a better way to bolt it up to the manifold?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.