Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the LEFT rear on my 2011 5.0, 3.55, 6MT, non Brembo is worn down almost to the wear bars at 9500 miles. The fronts look good, and the right rear is almost as good as the fronts. 35 PSI in both rears. I don't run this car nearly as hard as some of you guys, evidenced by my 22 mpg average fuel mileage. Shouldn't the right rear be the one wearing the most?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
thats odd. have you messed with the suspenssion at all? if not i would take it to the dealer so they could take a look at it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not uncommon at all if you launch with too weak a rear anti-sway bar. The left rear rises and most of the weight goes to the passenger side rear tire which allows the drivers side to spin. Get a heavier rear bar and both rear tires will wear more evenly. You will improve your 60' times too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not modified anything except the shift knob and the homelink install. Next up is unplugging the skip-shift solenoid.

Would the anti-sway bar issue be related to the way I drive? I usually get her rolling smoothly before mashing the accelerator. About the only tire sipnning I do is occasionally drifting the back end out a little just past the apex of a turn.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have not modified anything except the shift knob and the homelink install. Next up is unplugging the skip-shift solenoid.

Would the anti-sway bar issue be related to the way I drive? I usually get her rolling smoothly before mashing the accelerator. About the only tire sipnning I do is occasionally drifting the back end out a little just past the apex of a turn.
Were the tire wear from drifting then both front and rear of a given side should be worn more. I think the factory rear bar is too light (weak) for your type of driving. If the car is straight and you get spinning then both rear tires should wear pretty close to the same with the correct strenth rear bar. However, the passenger side will still most likely wear a tad more due to weight shift but be much closer to the same with the ideal bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts