Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions again, guys... I'll be adding black stripes to the hood/roof/deck to my 2011 Mustang, and want to see your photos. What looks best ? How wide ? Should I go with the current rally-style (two thick stripes, with pin stripes on either side), or something more traditional ? Stripe all the way down to the front fascia, and back under the back bumper ? How can I get the paint shop to guarantee that I won't be able to feel the edge ? Have them sign in blood ?

Any other style suggestions are also welcomed. Let me see what you have done !

·
Registered
86 Posts
i like the 12" le mans stripes, which is what i went with. $110 from american muscle and i put them on myself over the course of a few weekends. the 8" are too thin, dont get those.
the rally stripes with the pin stripes on the side look good for sure, but would be tough to do on your own..

theres a video on youtube of a kid with the red/white race stripe combo. (YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang V6 Borla ATAK‬‏) i think it looks pretty good.

this is what mine looks like

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have hood spears and reversed c stripes on mine. Its unique, and stands out from the more common mustang patterns. And both flow well with the car especially with the blacked out grill. I cant wait til i get some new wheels though...

Roush has some unique side stripes if i remember correctly. Im just not into the Lemans striping/ Double race stripe pattern as I think it does look good, and is classic, but is used way to often.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got an estimate

Just talked with a local, well-respected paint shop, and they quoted me $1800 to do it 'right'. Strip the clear on all panels where we stripe (both bumpers, and below), pull the spoiler off, paint and re-clear-coat. You wouldn't be able to feel the stripes, none of that.

Ouch ! Any suggestions on how to sell THIS to the wife ? Just because she has to wash and dry the laundry on a rock down by the river doesn't mean I shouldn't get my stripes, right ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just had mine done in May. (2) 10" bumper to bumper with 1/4" on the outside of each 10". REally happy with them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just talked with a local, well-respected paint shop, and they quoted me $1800 to do it 'right'. Strip the clear on all panels where we stripe (both bumpers, and below), pull the spoiler off, paint and re-clear-coat. You wouldn't be able to feel the stripes, none of that.

Ouch ! Any suggestions on how to sell THIS to the wife ? Just because she has to wash and dry the laundry on a rock down by the river doesn't mean I shouldn't get my stripes, right ?
Brother, I could'nt justify that to myself for a stripe on my car let alone my wife. I understand you want that factory feel ect, but there are guys on here who have gotten very nice stripes for like 70 bucks from sign shops who make vinyl signs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
SOrry, but 1800$ to have stripes painted.
Good luck. I wouldn't even do that. for 1800$ i would do a lot of other things or just save the $ for something better like paying my car/house
But each to his own. I like the Boss stripes better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts