Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday on my way home from work ( on 295 between baltimore and DC)
I seen a 03 or 02 Mustang cobra in front of me...so naturally i wanted to keep up with him...so I decided to have a little fun...:eyepoppin Well we both picked up our speed a little bit...stayed to gether...Not Racing..just back and forth on the highway...we got up to about 110..Just for a short time...:eyepoppin He got off the exit before mine... flashed his lights...as I got off the exit I thought to myself...WOW what a great car this is...

·
Registered
767 Posts
He let you off easy. That Terminator would have chewed your S197 up and spit it back out.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
The 2003 Cobra had a supercharged 390 HP 4.6.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yes, but what advantage did the '02 have? Not much if any... Of course I could be wrong.:wavey

·
Registered
171 Posts
i don't think there was an 02 but you can tell if it's an 03/04 if it's got the rounded rollpan in the back. at least that'd be the S197's view of it :eyebulge:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
03-04s are the only ones that have the supercharged 390 horse 4v. The 01-02 have 320 4v, about the same engine as the 03-04 Mach 1s. They did not make a Cobra in 2000, only the limited production Cobra R.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds like fun. These really are great cars!

G

·
i raced a 2003 cobra and we ran good together...this s197 will submit to noones tail lights...of course...you never know whats a real cobra anyway...we've all seen those weird wannabees who throw a dream badge on their cars..you know...318s that become m3s...500s that become 600s and even fieros that become lambos....so in retrospect who knows...maybe that was a blown v6 i ran with.:winks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts