Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I had the Lethal o/r pipe, stock cat to axle pipe and GT500 mufflers... and it sounded like a Mustang should. No complaints!!!

Coming from a long line of "Built" LSX cars, and experience with magnaflow exhaust, I pulled the trigger and added the comp exhaust kit for better flow, etc...

The kit is nice, fit and finish is perfect and believe it or not... It's much more mellow/deeper than the sound clips that have been provided on here and/or youtube. I know that everyone tries to help by posting sound clips, but not everyone realizes that it sounds much different and often quieter, in person, than through a "fair" (at best) camera microphone. In person, this is a fantastic sounding setup and if you are on the fence for LT's, o/r x-pipes, magnaflow comp, or any other setups, I am telling you that it is my opinion, that this is the best sounding s197 setup, WITHOUT LT's. Opinions are like you know what, but I am only sharing with those who aren't sure, even after hearing some sound clips.

If you listen to a sound clip of this EXACT setup, like lethal, which is helpful, it is bordering on too loud, for some, especially when they drive down and around the corner, getting on it. Remember, they are in a somewhat industrial area, so there are buildings to reflect the noise. Standing near it, with your ears, not a microphone, it is much tamer, but still beastly going through the gears and absolutely awesome at WOT...

Again, this is solely my experience and opinion. These are not sponsor plugs, this is just an information to research as so many post threads to get feedback, or help, making a decision.

Note: You will need a lift, to get the car up high enough, to remove the longer pipes and to put the new one's on. On a lift, with two sets of hands, cordless impact, a few sockets, this swap took 35 minutes. Really.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have the lethal orH pipe and magnaflow cat back street version (oval mufflers) and its My perfect solution, it is bearable at 5 am when i leave for work and if i lay off the pedal in front of a policemen it isnt too nasty but when i stomp on it, sounds awsome ( i think H pipe is a little deeper tone than X) but hey like you said its such a matter of opinion

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any drone with these setups?

JCAP was thinking of going with that same exact setup. Most 2011 Mustang exhausts I hear sound really raspy which I do not like.

Cammed06 how do you like the track in Holt? Im in Pensacola and driven by it several times. Never ran on an 1/8 mile track. Once the summer passes I want to take the stang there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any drone with these setups?

JCAP was thinking of going with that same exact setup. Most 2011 Mustang exhausts I hear sound really raspy which I do not like.

Cammed06 how do you like the track in Holt? Im in Pensacola and driven by it several times. Never ran on an 1/8 mile track. Once the summer passes I want to take the stang there.
Yes, there is some drone, but tolerable. None at 78ish and up, not too terrible all over. This particular setup is not raspy. The video clips sound like it, but in person, nice!!! Holt is all we got. It's nice, sometimes track prep could be better, sometimes, good most times though. Can't complain for being at 165-185ft above sea level. February Sunday Test-n-tunes yield some sick times. Ultra low DA's are awesome then. Easily negative DA's. I too am waiting on summer to pass. The fall I'll be dialing in my Camaro, so I don't know when I'll get the Mustang back up there. Threw some Weld RTS with DR's on it for the street and just enjoying putting some miles on it. I've had it 6 months and put a WHOPPING 2200 miles on it...

PM if you go, I'll swing up there and hang out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You pulled some great MPH on both your runs. Was that on the BAMA race tune?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts