Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's other threads about this buttttttttt I wanted to do another one. I didn't feel like looking for all the threads lol so go for it, let's hear all your street races, drag strip races, and your funny ricer stories.

As for me, I raced a yellow blaze 2011 5.0. We raced from a dead stop and I ended up beating him by half a car or so, he pulled beside me and yelled out "Love your exhaust" and drove off.

I also raced an 04 cobra with a kenne bell, and man that thing was fast!!!! Ill admit, I ended up losing haha but not ashamed, you can't win em all

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know there's other threads about this buttttttttt I wanted to do another one. I didn't feel like looking for all the threads lol so go for it, let's hear all your street races, drag strip races, and your funny ricer stories.

As for me, I raced a yellow blaze 2011 5.0. We raced from a dead stop and I ended up beating him by half a car or so, he pulled beside me and yelled out "Love your exhaust" and drove off.

I also raced an 04 cobra with a kenne bell, and man that thing was fast!!!! Ill admit, I ended up losing haha but not ashamed, you can't win em all
that kb cobra probably whooped your butt. lol those things are animals. all you hear is the kb scream for a second then you hear the exhaust fade off as he zooms by you. lol good races though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that kb cobra probably whooped your butt. lol those things are animals. all you hear is the kb scream for a second then you hear the exhaust fade off as he zooms by you. lol good races though.
Haha I did get whooped, he kept pulling from me. Lol but its a kenne bell so give me a break lol my car was still stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
let's hear all your street races, drag strip races, and your funny ricer stories.
I stomped the everliving hell out of a cobalt SS that was bugging the hell out of me and kept revving at me and cutting me off every light.

This was in the middle of the night with no one around.. I was cruising and he was literally harrassing me every light. There were 2 sub-20 year olds in the car and it looked to be unmodified except for rimZZZ. I had at least 5 carlengths on him at one point, then I turned off.

I am not proud of this... I think they just had a really high opinion of their car and what it could do... now corrected.

PS - that is the one and only street race I have gotten into. I am a little too old for this stuff.

·
Registered
288 Posts
a few months ago i was sitting at a stoplight headed to work and a really weird looking guy pulls up next to me in a -get this- dodge intrepid. the top was down on my 94 5.0 so i could literally hear everything he was saying. as my exhaust, which is headers, dual flowmasters and axel dumps was rumbling, i hear him mouthing my mustang to his girl in the passenger seat. he was saying how he could probably smoke me and how i probably couldnt drive it anyway and i just smiled... but then i hear his woman ask "what does GT on the side mean?'' and thats when my ears really perked up

he proceeded to say this, and i quote, "well it usually means v8 or high performance, but this guy probably just stuck them on there to look cool" and this is what offended me.

so i looked him dead and the eye and revved mine to 5 n a half and the expression on his face went from:kooky: to :what:.

he said lets race and i said "not worth my time, next time keep your tounge behind what teeth you have left."

then i went to work lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stomped the everliving hell out of a cobalt SS that was bugging the hell out of me and kept revving at me and cutting me off every light.

This was in the middle of the night with no one around.. I was cruising and he was literally harrassing me every light. There were 2 sub-20 year olds in the car and it looked to be unmodified except for rimZZZ. I had at least 5 carlengths on him at one point, then I turned off.

I am not proud of this... I think they just had a really high opinion of their car and what it could do... now corrected.

PS - that is the one and only street race I have gotten into. I am a little too old for this stuff.
Them ricers can really get to ya!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a few months ago i was sitting at a stoplight headed to work and a really weird looking guy pulls up next to me in a -get this- dodge intrepid. the top was down on my 94 5.0 so i could literally hear everything he was saying. as my exhaust, which is headers, dual flowmasters and axel dumps was rumbling, i hear him mouthing my mustang to his girl in the passenger seat. he was saying how he could probably smoke me and how i probably couldnt drive it anyway and i just smiled... but then i hear his woman ask "what does GT on the side mean?'' and thats when my ears really perked up

he proceeded to say this, and i quote, "well it usually means v8 or high performance, but this guy probably just stuck them on there to look cool" and this is what offended me.

so i looked him dead and the eye and revved mine to 5 n a half and the expression on his face went from:kooky: to :what:.

he said lets race and i said "not worth my time, next time keep your tounge behind what teeth you have left."

then i went to work lol
Lmao those facial expressions made me laugh, good and funny story. Which I could've seen his expression in person

·
Registered
631 Posts
Meh, I dislike a lot of the attention I get with this car. Yesterday I had some guy in a clapped out Chevy Blazer purposely trying to keep me from passing him like we were in a NASCAR race or something.

For whatever reason, this car really draws the idiots. I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but there's a certain segment of the population on the road that feel they need to try to prove something to me or otherwise drive like an asshat. Whether it's some guy purposely trying to keep me from passing him, or someone in some pathetic excuse for an automobile who thinks they can keep up with me - it sucks.

I came from a Honda Civic and I never received this kind of attention before.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Meh, I dislike a lot of the attention I get with this car. For whatever reason, this car really draws the idiots. .
^^^

This is absolutely true. Its a very polarizing car .. people either seem to love it or hate it. Dont know why... its just a car calm down. And the positive attention embarrasses me as much as the negative attention annoys me.

Just let me enjoy my car dammit!
:sadcry:

·
Registered
806 Posts
^^^

This is absolutely true. Its a very polarizing car .. people either seem to love it or hate it. Dont know why... its just a car calm down. And the positive attention embarrasses me as much as the negative attention annoys me.

Just let me enjoy my car dammit!
:sadcry:
this is true, if someone sees a new 5.0, cobra, mach 1, saleen, roush, or a badass gt then they will mess with you because they want to see you floor it. it gets old after a while. but i still enjoy the attention

·
Registered
174 Posts
Actually just last weekend.

--for the record any persons mentioned within are purely fictional and at no point were any traffic laws violated--

Early early morn, trying to get out of town before rush hour started, and the freeway was blissfully deserted. Only car for like a 2 mile stretch and a new-ish GTI comes blazing up behind me. Oh cool, I think to myself. Previously being in the Audi community I know the 1.8T and the 2.0Ts can be made pretty wild, but even a tune is a pretty significant upgrade. Even stock they've got a nice mid-range torque slug. Point is, they're not to be dismissed.

Guy slows down next to me, I know what's coming, but I've got another 3hr drive ahead of me. I'm sipping my red bull trying to wake up, I'm not in the mood for this. He revs a couple of times, launches forward twice, but it's obvious I'm not biting.

Then the twat pulls in front of me and proceeds to slow down under the speed limit. WTF?!? Okay, fine.

3rd gear down shift, next lane, stomp and the look on his face was priceless. He tried keeping up, albeit waaaay back, until about -redacted- and lost his nerve.

Unfortunately, I also discovered that the window seals on the convertible let go rather explosively at around -redacted-.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's funny for me because my daily driver is a '09 Civic Si Coupe, it's a great car but for whatever reason it makes a lot of drivers of just about anything want to attempt a race. Sometimes I forget that I'm not in the 5.0 and get romped by Altima's.

The 5.0 is a little different. I have had it for a little more than a month and it's the most attention grabbing car I have ever had (Race Red GT/CS) and I to don't really like the attention. I had a 350z tailgating me so close I couldn't see his headlights which makes me nervous about having a accident.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
This may or may not have happened..

On my way home one night and I end up behind a 2010 Camaro SS, well he recognizes the four headlights of a Mustang GT and punches it but I just cruise along until the next stop sign, he takes off fast so I'm right behind him but I started off in 1st and end up smoking the tires through 1st and 2nd.. finally hook up and start catching up so we cruise along at 120 for a bit then slow back down to about 70, now we're at a good straight stretch so I go for it and by the top of 4th I'm by him and at 140 we both have enough and slow back down for a corner with me in front, after another half mile I see him pulling out to pass and for some reason I can't find 4th quick enough so he gets by me but, I keep it pegged and soon I'm going by him again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is not my story but i thought i would share it. Ive had simular experiance raceing sport bikes on some hilly and curvy roads and it seems that we have an advantage on them on corners for one reason or another. Eaither some guys dont like to lean into a turn too much, maybe because they are afrade to slip and crash, to the point we can pass them.

YouTube - ‪Mustang vs Sport bike‬‏

This guy makes a pass at the end but you can tell hes holding back to make sure everyone stays safe.
Dont shoot me im just the messenger lol!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like these stories! Keep em coming please!

About an hour ago im driving home and I spot a 2003 mustang gt, could tell it was all stock, well im passing him with my windows down, I hear him reving his car and in my head I was thinking "dude you must not know about cars, I have a 5.0 and you have a 4.6" we'll anyway he punches it so I punch it too and I pass him and we come to a stop light then it turned green I left him like 3 cars behind. You would this guy would give up but nope he hauls butt passed me and I punch it when he's a car away and I passed him again. It gets better, im behind him at a stop light and beside him is a 2001 mustang V6 well the guy I raced which is the gt decides to burn out and turn off, well the V6 just looks at me and punches it so I punched it and left his ass behind lmao I could barely see his headlights, oh and this V6, the whole passenger side was wrecked. So that was ny highlight of my day.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was on highway 101 and just before turnpike rd exit this SUV filled with at least 3 girls and two, one in the passenger seat and one on the rear seat looked over at me when i was cursing down at around 60 mph in a convertable mustang that i had rented to test drive. This was before i had picked up my 2011 v6er and was torn between the convertable or standard.

Dispite the fact they they seemed to be pretty cute and were obviously attending UCSB at the time, im not one for attention and i had speed up and pulled away from them. I had gotten like 3 cars ahead of them and thought i was in the clear and next thing i know the right most lane of cars had exited and the SUV had speed up on me and the girls once again ogled at me. That kind of annoyed me and once i found another gap I speed off again this time far more aggesively than before with the engine much more audible than before lol. next thing i know i hear a heavy wherling and rumble that can only come form a truck or SUV and low and behold it was the girls again this time with their rear window rolled down and one of them with the most perfect comma shaped golden tanned ass camel toe and all sticking out of the window and the other one in the passenger seat had her breast pressed to the window.

I was stunned. . . and then found myself digging through my breafcase with one had on the steering wheel trying to find my cellphone to take a picture. . . . . . . . . . . . .I failed . . . . .

I love my life,
i wasnt even in the Shelby lol.

Ladies if in the 1 in a million chance one of you are reading this. . .Thank You !, you girls made my day in an otherwise a totally uneventful week lol.

I always wondered if they were friends of someone i know. . .and were trying to get me to crash my car again LOL.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Meh, I dislike a lot of the attention I get with this car. Yesterday I had some guy in a clapped out Chevy Blazer purposely trying to keep me from passing him like we were in a NASCAR race or something.

For whatever reason, this car really draws the idiots. I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but there's a certain segment of the population on the road that feel they need to try to prove something to me or otherwise drive like an asshat. Whether it's some guy purposely trying to keep me from passing him, or someone in some pathetic excuse for an automobile who thinks they can keep up with me - it sucks.

I came from a Honda Civic and I never received this kind of attention before.

I dont have a 5.0, but I know what you mean. Everyone always wants to F with me when I'm out. And the funny part, the cars that are messing with me are usually POS. I can't tell you how many Honda Accords or Pontiac G6s have "beaten" me (at least in their mind).

I usually let them speed off with their tiny chirp off the line..... but sometimes:nono: Sometimes I just put it to the floor and wave:wavey as I pass them.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here a funny story from last week.

I was driving, 30-35mph ish and this newer vette pulls along side me and paces with me. So I took a quick glance over and it's this 16yr old kid and his dad. The kids driving.

So the kid puts it in netral and revs it hard. That damn was LOUDDDDD. Needless to say, I wasn't about to embarass myself:nono:

So finally he figures out it aint happening and I hear the old man say something like "His car has no balls just go" They were in a vert so it was easy to hear them.

So his son puts it to the floor again and tries to fly away, BUT then comes this god awful metal grinding on metal sound and it was LOUD:laugh: I hear the old man yelling something and they are on the side of the road.

I turn and come back around and there they are with the hood up looking mad. So as I drive by, I slow down and scream out the window. "Hey, it may have no balls, but at least it runs, motherf**ker!!!" And I sped off beeping the horn and laughing.:yelpleased:
:shigrin
I wish I had that moment on video. I'd watch it over and over and post it on EVERY vette fourm you could find.

Any guesses on what the hell that noise could have been?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Here's a classic...literally..

I pull up to a stop light in my 65 Fastback...Next to me pulls up a 67 Camaro. My 65 is basically stock, but sounds mean. This guy, however, definitely had a stroked engine of some sort in there. Much stronger. Anyway, this homeless guy is walking between the lanes, holding his "help me, I'm poor sign" yet sporting a pair of sparkling new white gym shoes :scratchchin... ANYWAY, me and the Camaro look at each other and just start revving our engines hardcore. The sound of these carbourated monsters in the intersection was like something out of an old NASCAR race. haha....Anyway, the homeless guy, walking between the cars as we do this, jumps and yells "Oh Shi*!!"...and he drops the sign and waddle-runs off to the side of the street covering his ears in a panic.

When the light went green, neither of us raced. We were laughing too hard at the Hobo..We gave each other a thumbs up and went our separate ways.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I posted this in the kill section but I'll add it here too.

So I'm on my way home tonight and just before a passing zone this car comes right up on my butt then backs off, I see the blinker come on and he moves over so I down shift to 4th and hammer it! well this thing is keeping pace with me right up to 120 so I'm starting to wonder "what is this thing?"
He pulls back in behind and we keep going until the next passing zone and when I see him move into the other lane I down shift to 4th again and crush it! this time by 125 he gets almost past me so I see that its an orange Cobalt SS! as he's next to me I hear a blow off valve and a little bit after that I get by him and stay there up to 140 when we slow back down. I tapped my brakes to say good run, he flashed his lights back and took the next road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts