Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 GT 5 spd with the following mods
Tremec TKO trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, Ram billet steel flywheel & powergrip clutch,FRPP aluminum driveshaft, BBK ceramic long tubes, BBK X-pipe w/ cats, Magnaflow Magnapacks exhaust, SCT X-cal tune,Steeda ADJ.clutch cable-quadrant-firewall adj., 13" Cobra brake kit, 17" 98 Cobra rims, 255/45/17 BFG g-force kdws, Bosch +2 plugs, MSD 8.5 superconducter wires
with the following parts bought just waiting to be installed

PI heads, PI intake, CAI, BBK fuel pressure regulator, BBK fuel gauge, Comp Cams EX262 cams, Kenny Brown subframes & strut tower brace, UPR ADJ. upper control arms, UPR lower control arms, FRPP 3.73 gears, Moser 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro series limited slip, MSD Dis-4 ignition, MSD coils, 24# inj., C&L 80mm MAF

I am going to a dyno before the head swap and after the swap. Everybody put your thinking caps on, what will be the before and after RWHP figures.
I will have it retuned while on the dyno for best results.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
210 before.....

285 after! I have faith in the headswap.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'll say 205 now and 280 after the cammed headswap!! Be sure to post. How long until all the parts are on?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be dropping my car off on 11/7/05 for the parts swap. He will be putting it on the dyno on the 8th for a baseline run and I should get it back on the 11th or the 14th. There is a couple of parts changes from my first list like no MSD DIs-4 ignition (don't need it yet) and instead of BBK Plenum & BBK 75mm throttle body there will be a Accufab Plenum & Accufab 75mm throttle body. My buddy that is doing the parts swap said I should be putting around 205 to 210 RWHP to the ground before the swap and at least 280 after the swap. He can't explain it but he thinks with my trap speed in the 1/8 mile being 79 mph that I should be at 210 rwhp. So check back in 2 weeks for my dyno #'s

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, Joker...

Can I ask you why you changed your mind from BBK to Accufab on the intake plenum and throttle body? I was just about to by those two (plus the BBK CAI) from Brothers but I may have a cause for pause depending on your response. Let me know. Thanx.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The BBK plenum is sorta new to the market and some dealers are not carring it as of now. I am going in two weeks to do a PI head swap so I am getting all of the parts I need to get the most out of this swap. When it came time to ordering the BBK plenum & BBK 75mm throttle body either they had the plenum in stock and not the throttle body or the other way around. Nobody had both of them in stock at the same time. RPMoutlet.com has the best prices for any plenum/throttle body combo on the net and they were on back order for at least 1 week. If you can wait that long they have them for $299.95 + 9.95 handling fee. After checking airflow on the plenums the Accufab flows more air and was strongly recommended by my mechanic because in his dyno testing on a stock 03 GT 5spd the Accufab combo made an average of 3 more HP than a C&L/BBK combo made. He says with more upgrades the HP increase should be a lot more. If you get the chance to check out AccufabRacing.com and check the listing under throttlebodies for air flow #'s. They tested the C&L, Dragon, Stock, & Trick Flow plenums and the Accufab flowed more. Accufab claims 11 hp on a stock Mustang. Also if you plan on showing your car the Accufab is mirror polished. Priced at $399.95 + 9.95 handling fee

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The AccuFab is a good unit - been running the 75mm on my 02 for about a year, no problem, and good power increase. Noisey, but they all are.

Checked Mustang Tuning for the polished Accufab 75mm combo (with polished upper intake plenum) at $429 shipped. If RPM has no stock and you need it, the $20 difference in price might not be worth the wait.

You might also get Mustang Tuning or Summit to match the price.

Good Luck!

tripleblack

Jokers97GT said:
The BBK plenum is sorta new to the market and some dealers are not carring it as of now. I am going in two weeks to do a PI head swap so I am getting all of the parts I need to get the most out of this swap. When it came time to ordering the BBK plenum & BBK 75mm throttle body either they had the plenum in stock and not the throttle body or the other way around. Nobody had both of them in stock at the same time. RPMoutlet.com has the best prices for any plenum/throttle body combo on the net and they were on back order for at least 1 week. If you can wait that long they have them for $299.95 + 9.95 handling fee. After checking airflow on the plenums the Accufab flows more air and was strongly recommended by my mechanic because in his dyno testing on a stock 03 GT 5spd the Accufab combo made an average of 3 more HP than a C&L/BBK combo made. He says with more upgrades the HP increase should be a lot more. If you get the chance to check out AccufabRacing.com and check the listing under throttlebodies for air flow #'s. They tested the C&L, Dragon, Stock, & Trick Flow plenums and the Accufab flowed more. Accufab claims 11 hp on a stock Mustang. Also if you plan on showing your car the Accufab is mirror polished. Priced at $399.95 + 9.95 handling fee

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Sully's Opus said:
Can I ask you why you changed your mind from BBK to Accufab on the intake plenum and throttle body? I was just about to by those two (plus the BBK CAI) from Brothers but I may have a cause for pause depending on your response. Let me know. Thanx.

Accufab is the best airflow company on the market. BBK is junk. Spend the extra money on a quality product.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Mustang was baselined at 205 rwhp & 273 ft torque on a Dynojet Dyno. The car was driven to the dyno and had no cooldown time with the temp. gauge reading near 200*(M on Normal). With a proper cooldown they believe it could have picked up 5 to 10hp more. As soon as I get my Mustang back (Nov. 11th or 14th) I will post my second dyno #'s after the PI swap. Also a Spec Billet aluminum flywheel is going on in place of my heavy Ram steel flywheel so that should free up a few more pony's.

Parts already installed before swap
BBK Ceramic long tubes, BBK short x-pipe w/ cats, Magnaflow Magnapacks exhaust, Tremec TKO 5spd, Ram Billet steel flywheel & Powergrip clutch kit, Pro 5.0 shifter, Steeda ADJ. clutch cable-quadrant-firewall ADJ., FRPP Aluminum driveshaft, SCT X-cal, FRPP 13" Cobra brake kit,FRPP 98 Cobra 17x8" rims, BFG 255/45/17, Bosch +2 plugs, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires

Parts being installed this week
FRPP PI heads, FRPP PI intake, BBK ADJ. fuel pressure reg., BBK fuel gauge, Kenny Brown Subframes, CAI w/ K&N 9" filter, Accufab 75mm throttle body & plenum, Comp Cams XE 262 cams & valve springs, VT cam gear kit, Spec Aluminum flywheel, Prothane motor mounts, 180* Pressure balanced Thermostat, X-cal retune with wideband O2 Dyno runs

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Looks like the 205s have it! Good luck with the install and tune...lets hope for 280 after.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
dollarbill said:
Looks like the 205s have it! Good luck with the install and tune...lets hope for 280 after.

I demand a recount! The engine wasn't properly cooled! :madas:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I was off by 5 on the hp and 3 on the torque.

Damn close guess!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Joker, where in TN are you? Im in Johnson City and have a cammed PI swap 96 GT.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.