Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw someone runa belt w/out the relocation of the powersteering! Can I do this? Is it just nicer to do the relocate?

I think they are not using the belt tensioner by finding a proper size belt.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :headscratch:

Maybe Ill just do it w the relocate and belt tensioner, Id hate to have problems w the belt squeeking or something.:so

·
Registered
508 Posts
1spTech_50belts.gif I dont see how you can bypass the belt tensioner on any car but yes you can bypass the power steering pump without relocating

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Without relocating the power steering pump (I'm guessing you're bypassing or have eliminated the AC), the belt may be too close to itself as it goes around the water pump.

As for bypassing the tensioner... were they using a March alternator bracket and tension rod rather the stock tensioner?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without relocating the power steering pump (I'm guessing you're bypassing or have eliminated the AC), the belt may be too close to itself as it goes around the water pump.

As for bypassing the tensioner... were they using a March alternator bracket and tension rod rather the stock tensioner?
Possibly. I dont remember where I saw the picture, but somewhere they had used the stock location power steering and I dont think there was a stock tensioner next to the alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.