Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: We are looking for a license plate frame. We've seen a few that we like (Mustang script name, running pony, etc.) but they all say "do not fit 2005 Mustangs."

Any leads would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just went with a Ford Motorsports chrome frame, it says "Ford Motorsports" in the middle of the bottom and has the blue oval on each side of that. I like to keep everything "factory" looking as much as possible. I just bought it at a local shop so I don't have a link for you but I would think any Ford parts department should have one for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I started a thread a while back wondering whether anyone knew if someone produced a color match frame. No logos or anything, just a frame that matches the car's paint.

Anyone heard of this yet?

·
Registered
88 Posts
License plate frame

Got mine from S S Inserts. Frame is good quality frame, chrome with "I love my Stang" with a red heart on the bottom of the frame.

·
Registered
483 Posts
MSTG-SAL said:
:help: We are looking for a license plate frame. We've seen a few that we like (Mustang script name, running pony, etc.) but they all say "do not fit 2005 Mustangs."

I like your plate, but you spelled MUST SELL wrong.:kooky:

just kidding. I'd also like to find a couple nice, mustang-themed plate covers so that I'll no longer by a driving advertisement for the dealership...

~Mo

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Don't get billet frames! You'll be removing them to clean every week. That black crap that comes of the billet stuff is something awful. Griots has color frames in stainless in their cataloge.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
MSTG-SAL said:

I purchased one on eBay. It is a little pricey but it is a very very high quality frame. Even the back of the plate has vinyl covered bottom tabs for holding your plate tight against the frame. It's offically licensed by Ford, made in USA, and even the swept GT at the bottom of the plate matches the one on the Mustang. You don't have to worry about the paint falling off the lettering either -- high quality. Comes in different colors as well. Looks great on the back --- no plate on the front since they aren't built for one ---- LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-CHROME-LICENSE-PLATE-FRAME_W0QQitemZ4568955179QQcategoryZ42611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
186 Posts
RedFire_Dave said:
I purchased one on eBay. It is a little pricey but it is a very very high quality frame. Even the back of the plate has vinyl covered bottom tabs for holding your plate tight against the frame. It's offically licensed by Ford, made in USA, and even the swept GT at the bottom of the plate matches the one on the Mustang. You don't have to worry about the paint falling off the lettering either -- high quality. Comes in different colors as well. Looks great on the back --- no plate on the front since they aren't built for one ---- LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-CHROME-LICENSE-PLATE-FRAME_W0QQitemZ4568955179QQcategoryZ42611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have this one too from ebay except with blue lettering, looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Got this from K-Mart! Simple and cheap and has the right amount of black given the tail light trim being black, and my mudflaps are black.

Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you on the rolling advertisement thing. I like my dealership - but - it's a freebie frame and the Mustang deserves better. As to the lettering on our plates... it is my wife's car. Yeah, her name is Sally. Wilson Pickett would be proud! She's had a 65 fastback, a 95 GT, and now the '05 GT Vert. Ford definitely got this one "right" what a great car. She even lets me drive it - every now and then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback and tip on the fram

dekujala said:
I have this one too from ebay except with blue lettering, looks great
dekujala: I like the frame you picked (and your plate). But - WOW! your blue mustang is awesome! I really like the stripes - they really set her off! Great choice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the lead on the plate frames

Gig4Fun said:
Got this from K-Mart! Simple and cheap and has the right amount of black given the tail light trim being black, and my mudflaps are black.

Gig4Fun:
Thanks for the lead. K-Mart?? Well... who'd a thunk something simple and cheap would work so well. Those black frames look great on your Redfire Metallic Mustang. I am gonna check it out and the local K-Mart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
183 Posts
MSTG-SAL said:
Hey FIN1:
I like this plate frame - thanks for the site link.
Great exhaust pipes, too. Are those tips - or did you install new mufflers, cat-backs...? Whatever, they look great!
Thanks! They are Magnaflow axle-backs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts