Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and recently got my '06 Mustang. I bought license plate frames that were supposed to fit 05's so they should also fit 06's. I'm in NJ so I need a front and back plate. The front has 2 holes that aren't drilled all the way through but the back has 4 with a plastic dealer plate. My frames have 2 holes on top and I want to make sure that they will fit properly and not flap around. Do I need a bracket or anything? I don't know why there are 4 holes in the back and 2 in front.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Using the two holes on the back will work just fine as long as you use the
screws that are on there. As long as they are tight you will not hear any noise
and they will not flap around.
I don't know if you need to put the front plate on. Some states don't require it.
I would check into that it would be a shame to drill holes into the front bumper
cover. If they do you can go back to the selling dealer and they will install it.
let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live in NY and work in NJ. All the cars from NY and NJ need the front license plate. I have a 2005 GT and I know it's sad, but I had to drill through the two pilot holes in the front bumper for the plate. :sosad:

See this link for info on the plates in NJ:
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/cit_plates/v_plates_standard.html

Some people in the states that require the front plate don't put it on, hoping to not attract the attention of the authorities. I doubt that you can remain incognito in a new Mustang for very long.

There are some brackets you can buy that attach to the underframe somehow and prevent the drilling into the bumper, but I don't know where to get them.

Congratulations on the new stang though!

2005 GT Premium
IUP/Dark Charcoal
Torch Red
Rocker Stripes

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here in CA, we have the 2 plate law too. Most of us ignore it. I used to live in Jersey and I know how anal the State Troopers there are. My mom is originally from Sewell :eyepoppin The verbage is the same for our law. It only states the front plate should be visible. When I cruise in areas known for enforcement I prop it up in the corner of the front windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts