Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
ABH said:
When the time comes, I will say to the dealer "If you want your name on my car I want $2,000 for the advertising fee. If I want people to know where I bought the car I'll tell them."
Told my salesman that the car was not a rolling billbord. Told him if they wanted their name on the cal they could throw in a NICE license plate frame for the BACK. Oklahoma doesn't require front plates.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
front

Mrs.Brnrkm said:
Told my salesman that the car was not a rolling billbord. Told him if they wanted their name on the cal they could throw in a NICE license plate frame for the BACK. Oklahoma doesn't require front plates.:D
kansas doesnt require front license plates so that nice but i saw two at the dealership with front holes drilled and i fetl kind of bad for whoever had to have those haha but its all good i ordered my own brand new one and it will be PERFECT :kooky:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't get too cocky...............things have a way of falling apart when dealing with a dealership. There's always just one more thing they forgot to tell you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First Ticket

dave 02 gt said:
dont forget the braging rights on who gave out the first ticket to the first 05.
I think I might have that honor. 73mph in a 55 zone out in the boonies on 11/14/04. Early Sunday drive during my third week. Couple of minutes earlier and he would have clocked me at over 100 . The pisser is I purchased and installed a new fuzzbuster the day before but had it on city setting at the time of the ticket. too late to react.

On the original topic - I'm in Illinois too, where front tag is required. My dealership was cool about it, though - asked me first if I wanted it installed. I agreed that it ruins the lines of the front end so opted to leave it off. The cop that stopped me said nothing about it and I have talked to a couple of other cops at convenience stores and they don't seem to notice it's missing the front tags. I keep it in the trunk and figure I'll use the excuse that the dealer forgot to drill the holes. :smilie

·
Registered
360 Posts
matherd2004 said:
I think I might have that honor. 73mph in a 55 zone out in the boonies on 11/14/04. Early Sunday drive during my third week. Couple of minutes earlier and he would have clocked me at over 100 . The pisser is I purchased and installed a new fuzzbuster the day before but had it on city setting at the time of the ticket. too late to react.

On the original topic - I'm in Illinois too, where front tag is required. My dealership was cool about it, though - asked me first if I wanted it installed. I agreed that it ruins the lines of the front end so opted to leave it off. The cop that stopped me said nothing about it and I have talked to a couple of other cops at convenience stores and they don't seem to notice it's missing the front tags. I keep it in the trunk and figure I'll use the excuse that the dealer forgot to drill the holes. :smilie
I don't think "dave 02 gt" meant who RECEIVED the first ticket...but who GIVES the first ticket...too bad though...you might be the first to get one.

of course, i have a soft spot for all the '05 owensr out there...they're safe from me!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mrs.Brnrkm said:
Works for me:D

But the two grand will be a help when I order the GT vert later.

·
Registered
174 Posts
We've got the same law in Texas, but I don't think you need it for an inspection.

I don't have one on my Mustang or my Lightning. I've paid the fine twice - $75 a pop.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Madhouse, not sure I am reading your last comment corrently, I live in Austin and have seen many vehicles without a front license plate, are you saying that it is or is not a state law to have one on the front, I have heard both ways. If you have had to pay a $75 fine twice then I assume that it is required but most police will not pull you over just because it is not there, if that were the case Texas would be a richer state for all the cars and trucks that do not have one mounted.

·
Registered
353 Posts
tksuther said:
Yeah - I thought about the velcro method too. I think I'll try it. I'll report back! Thanks.
CAUTION - I had velcro fail for an installation of tail-light covers. I never found that cover, and had to by a new set. So, a $40 set of covers ended up costing me $80. License plates are generally heavier than plastic tail-light covers. Make sure you use sufficient velcro

·
Registered
174 Posts
newgtowner - yup, it's law in Texas, you must have a front license plate.

I've been pulled over in my Lightning for speeding several times, and two of those times they threw on the extra charge of no front plate. Both those times I've had the speeding charge dropped and only had to pay the $75 no plate fee (plus $55 for a lawyer). But at least I didn't get the speeding tickets. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Texas has the same front license plate law. I stuck mine in the trunk for the first time I get pulled over. My answer? "Officer, they told me at the dealership that the Mustangs are selling so well they are out of stock on the front license plate brackets but they said they would put one on for me at the next oil change." Whaddayathink?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
sounds good derminator, but why not keep it under your seat? i did that for almost 3 years with my gt and only got stopped once. never got a ticket though! in some states its actually legal to put the front plate up on the dash on the driver's side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My M3 many moons ago had no front plate. I kept it in the trunk to show it existed. Never stopped for it, but once during a speeding pullover the cop said you need a front plate. You see he noticed it was missing because my community uses laser for speed checks. He wants that target up front! Anyhow, I told him - officer, I can't put a plate on - where would I attach it? The bumper on the M3 did not have any holes for mounting a plate. It used a funky undermount L bracket (which of course wasn't attached). He scratche his head and almost gave up on it - then said, well it's the law, so have your dealer figure it out. "yes sir, I will - thank you" was the response and off I went. Hopefully this will be the case when I finally find the gt I want (and some bozo at the dealer didn't already drill it.).

Peet

21 - 35 of 35 Posts