Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 1998 V6 mustang with a 110,000 miles. I know what your thinking, but one of my life long dreams is to restore a mustang, so I bought the car. I've accumulated 2,000 more miles, and it's still running great. I've replaced the hood,bumper,head lights, new paint job, and i've replaced the clutch(old one burned out). I also installed the K&N air filter and the regular oil change of course. I just graduated high school in new mexico and I plan on moving to Tucson, Arizona for college and I wonder if my car can make the 600 mile trip back and forth. Any feed back on how long your car lasted or if you know if my car could make the trip to arizona would be appriciated! New pictures up from a car show my car was in are in my profile. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Dude, no worries. As long as your car is in tune it should give you no problems. 110,000 isn't at the end of it's life or anything. It's middle aged. You still have plenty of miles to put on that thing. Congrats on graduating and going to college-your a smart kid for doing so. Car looks good too. Change your oil of it's been a while.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Just keep her well maintained and she'll run good for a great while.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you've seen my profile, you'd have noticed that my previous Mustang was a 1996 V6. When I traded the car in it had 97k. I can tell you that the engine was as strong as ever. In bitter Chicago winters, the engine would turn without a hitch. The integrity of the body was structurally sound, and the internal mechanics of the car (tranny, exhaust, electrical distribution, etc) worked perfectly. The key here is regular maintenance. If you take care of the car, the car will take care of you. Do I think your car can make the trip? Without a doubt. Just as I'm sure a my old '96 would have had no problem driving 600 miles. Ah, I see you have the premium aluminum wheels- I almost got myself set of those. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It should be fine. I also have a 1998 V6 and coincidentally it has 110k. lol The engine is running in fine shape. The only problem I have right now is that the clutch is about done for and I need a new fuel filter. I have only ever had to regular maintenance on it or the stupid stuff that I have messed up myself.;) The 3.8L is a nearly indestructable engine from what I have seen. The block itself has never been broke due to power and the only problems it had were the 94-96.5's that had the head-gasket problems. Enjoy the car, I enjoy mine. They start to get real fun when you start modding it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.