Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving to work today I was overtaking a car that kicked up some rocks. Needless to say, they hit my hood. Argggggh. Now I have two very small chips in the paint, about an 1/8" in diameter. Anyone with experience have any suggestions on how to repair this without having to repaint the whole hood. Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
This may sound dumb but for chips like that try using a toothpick instead of the supplied brush. I find if you use those paddle shaped toothpicks you can use the fat end to carefully scrape the top of the blob of paint you put in the chip, if you use the brush you end up with a little dome of paint on top of the chip. Just a tip for us anal retentive types who strive for perfection:kooky:

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Small correction...

sandyman said:
Sarge, This might interest you.
I used to tell my soldiers, "A sarge is a **** eating fish that swims on the bottom of the sea; do I look like I have fins?" It's Sergeant! Some, people...geez.

G

·
I simply shake the bottle very well, take the given brush, wipe it against the inside lip several times until it is virtually "paintless" and wipe on a very thin layer of paint into the eyesore chip.

It may take 2 coats this way but, you will be hard pressed to find it again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just watched Dream Car Garage yesterday (on the Speed Channel) and they had a part about chip repair. I believe the name of the company was Norton but they had a neat kit that looked like it completely eliminated the chips when you were done. The kit included all of the necessary sand paper, and compounds, etc. You first applied the factory touch-up paint and made sure you globbed it and let it completely dry. Then you started with the wet sandpaper, special rubbing compounds, etc with the special applicators supplied. When you were done it looked like there was never a chip and the area around the chip was back to factory. Good luck in your repair.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's Sergeant! Some, people...geez.[/QUOTE]
Yeah and you probably were a frigging leg too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sarge,

You crack me up. I had Marine Sgt Majors that were less uptight. However, I dared not called them Sarge. Sarge.
Semper Fi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts