Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys lift the front of your mustang? I need to replace the fog light bulbs and do an oil change.
Tried ramps but my after market chin spoiler sits too low.
Is it ok to lift one side at a time then use jack stands. Don`t want to twist anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I bought a Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack years ago and it goes low enough. I use jack stands for safety and the twisting won't hurt any thing.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
get a couple 2x6" boards about 2' 6" long and put them about 3" up on your ramps. cut the ends at opposite angles to help get on the board and then onto the ramp ( /_______/ ). drive up the boards then onto the ramp. adjust as necessary. good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, it's fine to lift one side at a time, you won't twist anything. I do it all the time when doing an oil change. You can just lift either side to drain your oil, then drop the car back down to keep it leveled while it's draining

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have homemade 2 x 10 ramps similar to what bl817 described. You don't even need to angle cut them just stagger them back 10-12" each and decide how much lift you want. Mine are 2 2x's and a 6" RR tie.

Advantages = super strong
Disadvantage = super heavy

bonus all scrounged wood (the ties were my dads ramps)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I bought the aluminum racing jack. Works great!
Will come in handy when I install my BBK shorties.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts