Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... that and a Darwin award. So I asked the kid accross the street if I could borrow his engine hoist. He is pretty cool and probably in his 20's but younger than me so I call him a kid. We've exchanged tools before on a few occassions so I really didn't understand why he was reluctant to do it this time, well until I saw The Beast!

He said his mom sometimes tosses some of his tools or car parts in the trash when he pisses her off, so I wonder what he did this time, because here are the pictures of what he loaned me in its entirety (first picture) and YES with some ******* Enginuity (second picture) I actually used it to hoist an engine. Did I drop it, lets not split hairs, it did tilt a little bit ok!

For Extra Credit can you tell me how many wheels are missing?

And yes eventually this will be a review of a new tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I can't believe she threw the legs away. Hope this kid never goes on life support: pull the plug doc,he pissed me off again. What is she,9 years old? That is the most stupid thing I have heard this week. I 'm sure he was embarressed about loaning it to you. I'm lol while typing this response. Maybe mom needs some hugs and prozac. (90mg).

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my options

so the way I looked at it I had three choices:

1. buy the proper Big Red engine hoist replacement parts from Torin if they even sell them separatelyn (then return the completed jack to the kid being the good sumeritan that I am)

2. buy some metal stock and make the missing parts, including the metal casters which are pretty expensive and I need three of them (again give the completed jack back)

3. swing by the Cheap Chinese Parts Store aka Harbor Freight and pick up a new 1 Ton engine crane for... [wait for it] $98 bucks out the door, and an engine leveler for $26 bucks, (and get to keep it)

You ever wonder how they keep their prices so low, here's some insight... they print their assembly instruction diagrams the size of a human thumb nail, yes that includes all 317 parts, LOL

here are the pics of what was behind door number three:

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 1 ton from Harbor Freight and I haven't had any problems and its been about 2 years since I bought it.
Glad to hear I was debating if I should get the 2 ton one instead, but then I thought shoot there are cars that way 2 tons, so I doubt an engine is that heavy, right? Hey did you buy the leveler as well? Man that thing is so handy for a one man do it yourself jobs, it's like a set of extra hands.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a good tool

Just wanted to share more pictures of this great tool as it was being put together. After I got the base assembled it was pretty much smooth sailing.

Most of the time my garage is clean and the wife can park a car in it, however it's a mess in these pictures. I left it this way to show that sometimes you just have go for it! I mean you just have to work on your project regardless the obsticales.

How many times did we put something off by saying well I know I need to work on that but the garage is a mess, or I have to move two cars out of the way, or the boat and my motorcycles first... and then we never get around to it.

So here are the pictures with a messy background and all to show we are all bussy but still press on:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.