Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my 06 it was in late June and I was still seeing the options from the 05 catalogue or at least all the options weren't shown in the ordering catalogues. What I am trying to figure out is if I have a limited slip diff.

On the Driver's side door on the manufacture sticker underneath R axle it lists the code "9 CD". I have no idea what that means.

Any help or further input required please let me know.

·
Registered
829 Posts
dalamarian said:
When I ordered my 06 it was in late June and I was still seeing the options from the 05 catalogue or at least all the options weren't shown in the ordering catalogues. What I am trying to figure out is if I have a limited slip diff.

On the Driver's side door on the manufacture sticker underneath R axle it lists the code "9 CD". I have no idea what that means.

Any help or further input required please let me know.
All GT's are Limited Slip equipped. What did you order?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a 2006 Mustang GT Premium. 5 Speed Manual

I know that 2005's all came with it standard,but had heard that for 2006 they were making it an option. The vin code doesn't yield rear axle info and the only code I can see is on the door jam saying 9 CD

Thanks

-D

Gig4Fun said:
All GT's are Limited Slip equipped. What did you order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
dalamarian said:

I know that 2005's all came with it standard,but had heard that for 2006 they were making it an option. The vin code doesn't yield rear axle info and the only code I can see is on the door jam saying 9 CD

Thanks

-D
I hope it wasn't an option, cause i didn't get asked about it when i ordered mine. I heard its standard on all gts. hope it is, a single burn out would be weeeeeeek!

·
Registered
829 Posts
dalamarian said:

Thanks

-D
I had seen some places (perhaps the Fleet site) where it was an option BUT it never actually was when a dealer submitted an order in. (I asked mine.) You have it without a doubt. You also will have the 3.55 axle ratio.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Glad to hear

Taking a break from wrapping stocking stuffers...

Man am I glad to hear the GT has limited slip, standard. Now I won't feel bad at all about turning off traction control permanently, with the tuner. My Dad had limited slip on the front and rear of his Bronco and it was awesome.

Seems redundant to have traction control *and* limited slip even though T/C has other attributes like reducing torque and all that. Heaven knows how we all want less torque :laughlitt

"I swear officer, I didn't mean to speed, I just didn't want to waste such a good launch!"

·
Registered
829 Posts
JetBlack said:
Taking a break from wrapping stocking stuffers...

***snip*** Now I won't feel bad at all about turning off traction control permanently, with the tuner. a good launch!"
What tuner do you have that will turn it off permanently on an '05 / '06? I am surprised to hear this....Hmmmm?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I don't know why you would want to turn it off permanently since it has a button so you can turn it off anytime.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've read that with the Predator you can turn it off permenantly. Some folks don't want to mess with turning it off every single time they start their car.

N

·
0 Posts
you know you could have ordered it without traction control right? they will look at you funny but you can decline the standard equipment with the turn off button(?) since you have it anyway...is it really so hard to press the button and turn it off? you will wish you had it one day when you get caught in a rainstorm...believe me...it works

·
Registered
633 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
you know you could have ordered it without traction control right? they will look at you funny but you can decline the standard equipment with the turn off button(?) since you have it anyway...is it really so hard to press the button and turn it off? you will wish you had it one day when you get caught in a rainstorm...believe me...it works
Ditto that...saved my butt twice already. Granted, both times was operator malfunction by down shifting and mashing the pedal :winks but both times the T/C shut down my torque and kept my rear end straight. Good thing for leather seats as they wipe off easily....:happyhapp

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Killing me :)

scramblr said:
Ditto that...saved my butt twice already. Granted, both times was operator malfunction by down shifting and mashing the pedal :winks but both times the T/C shut down my torque and kept my rear end straight. Good thing for leather seats as they wipe off easily....:happyhapp
ROFLMAO!

Point taken. We get loads of rain here too.... wait a minute!!! What are you doing driving your baby in rain?!?! That is almost as bad as driving it in the sunshine! [fades the paint! :p]

Scramblr, I read your other post about the bridge and it immediately made me wonder what the other incident was. What happened?

I was once going about 65, over a bridge that had a sharpish turn just as you crossed an expansion joint. My first experience with a solid rear axle. Vinyl seats clean easy too. Now I hardly notice when my truck's rear kicks out a bit, but others really do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I decided to stop playing with looking up codes and found out if I had a limited slip the real way.

Laid some rubber down on the road, stop/start even all the way through, looks like I have a limited slip :)

-D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
JetBlack said:
I believe all of them have this option...

SCT:

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=248

hit [ctrl+f] then search for "traction"

Diablo Predator: [quick snip]

On/Off switch for Traction Control
Raise Speed Limiter
Rev Limiter
Here is the sad part of it all that you don't know. That is their general information about the product. The SPECIFIC application of the Predator does not allow it for the '05/'06 Mustang. There must be a few applications where they are doing it. I can not speak for the XCAL, but I assure you it is not in the Diable product for the '05 / '06 Mustang in spite of their listing it in the options information page.

·
Registered
633 Posts
JetBlack said:
ROFLMAO!

Point taken. We get loads of rain here too.... wait a minute!!! What are you doing driving your baby in rain?!?! That is almost as bad as driving it in the sunshine! [fades the paint! :p]

Scramblr, I read your other post about the bridge and it immediately made me wonder what the other incident was. What happened?

I was once going about 65, over a bridge that had a sharpish turn just as you crossed an expansion joint. My first experience with a solid rear axle. Vinyl seats clean easy too. Now I hardly notice when my truck's rear kicks out a bit, but others really do.
Second time I squeezed between two cars, each on separate lanes and as the one next to me slowed down to make a left, I punched it to get in front of him and cut to the left lane since the bonehead in front of me was going about 10MPH under the speed limit. Guess I'm the bonehead since the road was wet and when I moved over to the left lane and upshifted to 3rd, my rear end figured out the road was wet and lost traction. T/C shut down my power and the car straightened out. The guy now to my right (which was in front of me before) just gave me a look. LOL...I just punched it and took off.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Here is the sad part of it all that you don't know. That is their general information about the product. The SPECIFIC application of the Predator does not allow it for the '05/'06 Mustang. There must be a few applications where they are doing it. I can not speak for the XCAL, but I assure you it is not in the Diable product for the '05 / '06 Mustang in spite of their listing it in the options information page.
Yeah, I read that last night in another board. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Scramblr I agree with you. The traction control saved me twice. I almost slid into a garbage truck in a downhill curve.(yes i was going too fast):winks

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Active... thingy

I have heard about some sort of active traction thingy that corrects if you over drive the car. Didn't sound like TC. If you try to turn too hard and the car loses traction in the turn, for this example, we'll use a left turn...

You are trying to turn left but are going too fast and the car begins to slide. The left rear brake will activate to help rotate the car around the turn. It did something else, cool too, but I can't remember what it was.

I heard the salemen don't know how to sell it and everyone thinks it is too complicated to explain, but a very good thing to have. Does the Mustang TC have this feature as well?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts